Coming Out

This story takes place on the reputation stadium tour (during Pride Month specifically). There are some slight spoilers, so read at your own risk. If you've been active on social media though, you've probably seen everything I mention already because my tour date isn't until September. ❤️
————————————————————————

"Are you ready for it?" Karlie whispered in Taylor's ear as they stood backstage.

"Oh my god, Karlie. Stop," Taylor replied, cringing at Karlie's usage of one of her song lyrics. "Never quote my lyrics again. Not to mention, this isn't a joke. It's not funny. We're about to come out the entire world. It's terrifying."

"I know, baby. It'll be okay," Karlie whispered into her ear, rubbing her back all the while. The two had been thinking about this for weeks, only deciding a few days earlier that this was what they wanted.

"Just go out there and put on an amazing show like you always do. I'll be watching and waiting."

"Thank you, Karlie. You know when you're supposed to come onstage?"

"Yes, Taylor. Stop worrying, sunshine. It'll be okay. I promise."

The stage opened up and Taylor appeared on stage, the beginning of '...Ready for it?' playing as she did so. The show continued as normal, except for the few nervous looks Taylor wore when she spoke. Finally, it was time for the speech that always came before the song 'Delicate'. Taylor had her rainbow dress on and began to give her speech regarding Pride Month.

"June is Pride Month," Taylor began, taking a shaky breath, "and I think a lot about how it is very brave to be vulnerable about your feelings in that sense and in that situation, but it is even more brave to be honest about your feelings about who you love when you know that might be met with adversity from society." Taylor gulped, realizing that the moment was quickly arriving and panic bubbling up into her throat. After a deep breath, she continued. "And so this month, and every month, I want to send my love and respect to everybody who has been brave enough to be honest about how you feel, to live their lives as they are, as they feel they should be, as they identify, and this is a month where we need to celebrate how far we've come, but also we need to acknowledge how far we have left to go. And I want to send my love and respect out to everybody who in their journey or in their life hasn't yet felt comfortable enough to come out. And may you do that in your own time, and may we all ultimately live in a world where we can be able to love people and no one has to be afraid to love people and say how they feel. Because when it comes to feelings and when it comes to love and searching for someone to spend your whole life with, it's all just delicate...and if it's okay with you, I'd like to welcome someone to come the stage right now, who has dealt with these feelings and knows how delicate coming out and living authentically can be, and who has been with me by my side for 4 years, as I've gone through those things to. Please welcome my wonderful girlfriend, Karlie Kloss."

In the audience everyone is a mix between smiling, crying, being shocked, and cheering. Karlie steps onto the stage and walks over to Taylor, enveloping her in a hug and whispering in her ear, "I'm so proud of you, babygirl," before planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Wait. Karlie?" Taylor whispers as Karlie begins to pull away.

Karlie barely has time to get out, "Yes, baby?" before Taylor is pulling her back in and kissing her on the lips. At that point, both girls are teary-eyed. Karlie walks off the stage and Taylor begins to sing the opening to delicate, but where the audience would normally shout "1, 2, 3, let's go bitch!", Taylor butts in and says "1, 2, 3, Happy Pride Month!"

~
This prompt was requested by taylorgasm
I had a lot of fun writing this prompt. Let me know if you have any requests and I will do my best to write them all. I have 2 more oneshots on the way. I typically try to go in order of when they were requested, but I sometimes write based on what interests me most or is easiest to write.