xxx. statement

to whom it may concern,

as many of you know, last night timothée's icloud was hacked and a collection of compromising photos neither of us have thought about nor looked at in years was leaked.

recently, it has not been a secret that we were in a relationship almost five years ago. we are still very close and care about each other very much. however, we were young— but both of age of sexual consent— when those photos were taken and if we had been more aware and a chance to redo the situation, the photos would not have been taken at all. we ask that you do not judge us or our character today off our fleeting teenage mistakes.

we do acknowledge that the photos are ours and apologize to those it may have offended or hurt, but we also want everyone to remember those photos were leaked without our consent or approval and this has deeply affected and damaged both of us as well.

we would also like to acknowledge that the photos released paint a very certain light of the situation. the photos that were chosen to be leaked by the hacker were clearly chosen in a light that shows ophelia very poorly and slut-shames her in a way she, nor anyone else, does not deserves; while the photos of timothée were much less in number and much less exposing even though there was photos of the same degree of timothée that weren't leaked. this was an attack on us, but more so, it was meant to completely demean and degrade ophelia.

please, do not share or post or promote the photos and the meanings behind them. as a collective population, we cannot stand for this treatment of our fellow humans and especially, women.

we have to move forward and focus on spreading love and peace. with that being said, we will both be taking some time off social media to regroup and reground as this goes through its due course and as we recover from this situation.

thank you for your understanding,
Timothée Chalamet and
Opehlia Blanchard xx

    ✧∘