Chapter 16

Y/N POV

I was stretching my legs, preparing myself for a training session with Whis. After getting out Goki's grip somehow, I came straight to the Angel, excited and curious what his training had to offer. I'm sure it'll be hard, he IS the one who trained Lord Beerus after all! But it'll be worth it since we all know how the God of Destruction came out afterwards. Yeah sure, it's not God of Destruction training, but Goki and Vegeta have been training with Whis as well. Every since, their power has skyrocketed! Now that I'm reminded of that, I'm totally psyched! My joy totally overpowered my fear and worry as I am now one hundred percent ready for this! I smiled brightly and awaited my new teacher.

"Ah you're here, Y/N. I'm so glad that you are on time." A familiar voice said. It turned out to be the very instructor, Whis, who I saw heading in my direction. I bowed my head in respect to my teacher.

"G-Greetings, T-Teach-no! Sensei! Greetings Sensei Whis!" I stammered. I struggled because I had to make sure that I treated him with the most respect! I was responded to with a giggle from the Angel.

"Oh my, Y/N! You don't need to be so formal! Only be like that when talking to Lord Beerus! Although I doubt that'll last for long...anyways! You may refer to me as just Whis! Is that okay?" He asked me, trying to make me relieved. It worked. I nodded quickly. Whis smiled at me. "Good then. You may rise your head up now, you know." I rose my head upwards to face him. He began to speak again. "Now...we will be working on your agility and speed. You shall try to hit me and I will try to dodge. At the same time, I will try to attack you and you are to evade my attacks. Is that understood?" The angel explained to me. I nodded.

"Yessir!" Was all I told him. He smiled at me.

"Excellent. We shall begin then." Those were his last words before he signaled for me to come at him. I charged at him and went to kick him in the neck, only for him to disappear, my attack completely missing.

"H-He's gone!" I said in surprise. I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Whis with that same playful smile on his face.

"No. I've just gone behind you is all." He corrected me and flicked my head, sending me flying and falling on the ground, tumbling backwards. I put both hands to the ground and sprung myself upwards.

"Geez! Just one flick and he knocked me all the way over here!" I exclaimed, being impressed and shocked at the same time by his speed and strength. Well I guess it really should come to no surprise. He IS the FREAKING God of Destruction's teacher after all! I'll just have to hold it out! I dashed at once again, pushing my fist into his face, attempting to punch him real good! However once again, he dodged and kicked me in the side! I skid back and stopped myself in my tracks, holding my side.. He wagged a finger at me.

"You'll need to be faster than that now, Y/N!" He told me. I was well aware of that now. It seemed that I needed to change my tactics. I can't let him get the better of me and catch me off guard. I took my arm off my side and charged a Ki blast in each of my hands. I stopped once they expanded to my desired size. I launched them at Whis, but not trying to hit him. Instead, they hit what surrounded him which was ground, but what do you see after an explosion? Smoke! Which means you can't see anything else! I grinned as smoke surrounded Whis after the explosions passed. I rushed at Whis once again to bring a kick to his stomach! It came in contact with something, making me think that I nailed him! However, I was wrong once the smoke cleared to reveal his hand catching my foot.

"C-Crap!" I yelled out. He swung me around to the left and threw me to the air. I crashed into the ground making a large thud. I got up, sitting on my butt. "Ow...that hurt!" I complained and jumped to my feet. Right away I got into a stance. "Whatever! I'm not gonna quit yet! N, scratch that! I'm not gonna quit EVER!" I said. There's no way I'll give in just yet. I've still gotta grow stronger! I stared straight at Whis with determination in my eyes. His smile only grew wider.

"Ah. So I see there's still some fire in your eyes. I'm glad that you haven't quit just yet." He said and signaled for me to come at him again. I ran at him on foot and tried to elbow his face. He ducked and I tried to knee his face. He tilted his head, completely avoiding my attack. He went to hit me with his staff but this time...I was able to catch it! I held it tight in my hands, amazed that I was finally able to avoid his attacks!

"I-I did it!" I said with a proud smile.

"Indeed you did. Then maybe I'l have to only use my hands and legs." Whis said with a smirk. I unhanded the staff and Whis set it down. He put his hands behind his back and began to fly away from me. "Catch me if you can!" He challenged.

"I will!" I declared and transformed into a Super Saiyan. I rushed at him and tried punching him rapidly. He dodged all of them, moving his body swiftly. I went to spin kick him only for the Angel to collide his own leg with my own. He used the other leg to...hit in my weak point. Aka...my balls. I dropped to the ground, clutching them in pain. "Cheap shot, man!" I told him, not caring that I addressed him like that. He floated down, chuckling.

"I'm sorry! I just couldn't help it!" He said still laughing. I stood up once my pain finally blew over. I got ready to attack once again but he opened his mouth to speak. "Y/N. From here on, you will no longer use Super Saiyan." Whis ordered. I looked at him in confusion.

"What?! Why?!" I asked him.

"Because, you Saiyans rely on Super Saiyan too much. You'll become stronger if you learn to fight without a crutch like that." Whis explained. I nodded.

"I guess that makes sense..." I agreed.

"And besides...Goki and Vegeta are already used to it. Do you want to still rely on Super Saiyan while those two just grab victories in their base form?" He asked me. Now THAT motivated me. I'm not gonna let those two surpass me! I dropped to base form.

"No way! It's on now!" I said with confidence. Whis smiled.

"That's what I like to hear. Let us begin!"

~Back on Earth~

Gohan POV
I swung at Piccolo with my fist. He blocked it and kneed my stomach to counter. I skid back but I was still on my feet! So...a weird place to begin right? Lemme fill you guys in on what happened. Well you see...as embarrassing as it might be to tell this, I tripped on an untied shoelace and fell flat on the ground. I saw that I was bleeding. You know what's wrong with that right? I'm a Saiyan! Well half of one but that's beside the point! Saiyans don't get injured so easily! Or at least I didn't in the past. So now...I wanna get back to my roots! No matter the tough training! I was about to charge at my master again until I felt a power...no! Multiple powers in the same place! There was one that really stood out...it felt familiar...

"Gohan, do you feel that too?" Piccolo asked me. I nodded at him.

"Yeah! Should we check it out?" I asked him.

"Of course! This one Ki feels...evil. And I think I may have a thought of who it belongs to. Let's just hope I'm wrong." He said. We flew up and zoomed off.

"Is it really you...."

"FRIEZA?"

Aaaand that's a wrap everyone! Sorry for taking so long, I was on a hiatus for a bit! But I think I'm over my hiatus for now. See ya guys in the next one!