~∆~Ch.16~∆~

Fresh looked at his friend and brother, both of which had backed away from him out of shock. Error was the first to speak up.

  "Bro, say that again."

  "What happened?" There was no denying it now: his emotions were gone. "Why are ya looking at me like dat?" He said, looking between Deccy and Error.

  "C-can..  Can you f-feel anything, F-Fresh? E-emotion wise, I m-mean." Deccy asked Fresh. Fresh thought for a moment.

  "No, guess not, "  He replied, "dat stinks." He tried to stand but failed, falling onto the floor. Deccy and Error picked him up, both still upset at what had happened. They were about to say something, but Fresh fell asleep.

  Geno slowly walked back in as the two were putting Fresh back on the bed. When they finished, Deccy stumbled and fell on the floor. Geno ran over and helped him up, sitting him in a chair and watching as he huffed in exhaustion. "What happened?" Geno asked Error.

  "He...  He lost his emotions, bro." Error looked down until Geno hugged him and began sobbing, which caused Error to begin crying, which then led Cq to rush in almost thirty minutes later. She hugged the two as the now awake Fresh looked at them questioningly.

  When she pulled away, Error told her what happened. She looked at Fresh and smiled sadly, hoping the kid wouldn't notice her pity. As always, he did. He looked away quickly and grabbed his glasses, shoving them on his face while muttering a quick 'ow'. Cq knew from experience that the pain was more than 'ow' and called the doctors in.

  Deccy looked over to Fresh, tears in his eyes. "So... You d-don't care about a-anything anymore?" He asked quietly. Fresh looked up and shrugged, along with a quick 'guess so'.  Deccy nodded and looked away, biting his fist as to not sob. He wiped the tears from his face and looked back. "I'll be back tomorrow, Fresh. Good luck." He said as he grabbed the small backpack he had which consisted of many books and a change of clothes(as Fresh taught him to be prepared) inside of a Fresh-made pocket dimension. As he walked to the door, he looked back one last time to see Fresh talking to Ink like Deccy wasn't even there. He wiped his eye sockets and left, greeting his mother at the door and being picked up.

  "So as I was saying, these new drawing supplies came out today an- oh wait. You fell asleep. Heh." Ink finished his conversation with the sleeping Fresh and turned to Error.

  "Does this happen often?"

  "Yeah, his magic is kinda destroying him, so he gets tired really fast." Error said, looking down and rubbing his eye sockets. Ink hugged him and walked outside, presumably to the vending machine to get snacks for them all. Error looked to Geno, who was sleeping uncomfortably in one of the chairs. He had dried tear streaks going down his skull, same as everyone in the room. His eye sockets had dark rings under his eyes, though not as bad as Fresh.

  Fresh's magic situation had been launching him into emence amounts of pain for a long time, and up until now, no one had even known. Fresh was better at hiding anything than anyone. And as his older brother, Error hated that. Fresh's  new emotions had caused him to knock down the wall of a front he had slightly. Now that they were gone, he was going to be hiding his pain again. Possibly better. And as before, Error wouldn't even notice. He wouldn't be able to help.

  And that thought terrified him.

^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^

"Error! Look at dat jacket! Omadog, it'z so rad!"

"Umm, Bro, are you sure? That's really...  Colorful, to say the least."

"Yea! It makes me feel...