Grow a backbone

"Kuroko Tetsuki, am I right? Transfer student from America. I'm Subaru Minami, Seijuuro's fiancée. Nice to meet you."

"GET AWAY FROM THERE!"

"TETSUKI!"

Tetsuki snapped her eyes open, awake from the despair in Seijuuro's ruby orbs. Her head began to spin, slightly dizzy from the remaining chloroform in her system. She tried to speak, but throat was too dry.

She was finally able to look at her surroundings, now feeling the tight bindings around her limbs as she laid on the floor. The last time she remembered, she was at a fair, waiting for Seijuuro to return. She had some difficulty breathing, heaving slightly due to the lack of air.

"Great, you're awake!" A shrilly voice sang. Tetsuki rolled over, eyes squinting into the dark, barely making out a silhouette of a girl. Her heels clicked loudly against the cold concrete floor, and she could feel fear creeping over her.

Subaru Minami stood in the light, casting a shadow over the blue head. Her face was dark, obscuring her facial expressions. Yet, her sinister tones were contrastingly naked.

She squatted down and lifted Tetsuki's chin, forcing her to look at her.

"Hmm... I guess I now understand why Seijuuro is so smitten by you. You're a doll, and I give you credit for it. I've never seen you up this close previously. It makes me feel guilty for kidnapping you."

For a moment, a genuine smile graced the blonde's face. It was as if she was trying to reassure herself that she was not doing anything wrong.

At that instance, everything felt wrong.

It is weird. 

Why is her kidnapper so easy-going? Or is she so overwhelmed that she broke down and became this happy? 

Does the girl need a check-up at the mental institution? 

Honestly, if Subaru Minami wanted Seijuuro, which is the very reasoning she concluded when she woke up and saw her, she would take a step back and wish for their happiness.

Though Seijuuro did not like her one bit. She could tell by his reactions to her whenever she came close.

Yet, the thought of her being kidnapped rushed to her once again. It is still wrong too kidnap someone even if they like the other. Her mother always said to treat others how you want them to treat you.

She knows that Minami had her fair share of threatening letters and kidnapping attempts, coming from a wealthy family.

"Seijuuro would not come for me, Subaru-san. There's absolutely no gain from committing such crime. Please just let me go." Tetsuki pleaded.

Minami sneered at her, dropping her head unceremoniously onto the floor. Pain erupted from the side of her head, stunning her. Her eyes could not focus for a period of time, but she saw Minami walking towards this chair, that she failed to notice, in the room.

With an utterly devious grin, like her previous guilt was gone, she leaned forward.

"We're gonna make your life a living hell from now on."

-With Seijuuro-

The red head paced up and down in  his living room, his friends gathered on the sofas, watching him panic without knowing what to do.

To the rest, it felt like they have lost their heads as soon as they received the letter.

The three who knew Tetsuki best were tired of thinking. The ransom for the release of her is for Seijuuro to take her place, as if an eye for an eye.