Chapter One

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw the orange sunset over the horizon. The sun glimmered on the deep blue ocean, making for a very enchanting view. Surrounding me was blue, clear shards of what looked like glass, but, upon closer inspection, I noticed that it didn't have quite the same texture I knew glass to be. As I inspected the shards, I came across a strange piece, one shaped like a skull, with a silver chain through the right eye socket. What really made it stand out was it's orange colour, completely different to the others. The second I saw it, I felt this sort of strong emotional connection to it, as if it had been with me forever. I used the chain to put it around my neck.

When I first woke up, I was so confused. I had no idea where I was, or what had happened before I got there; whenever I tried to remember, my mind grew cloudy and I got a headache. It was frustrating, to say the least. All I had was the necklace. I don't know why I thought to put it around my neck, but I'm glad I had that instinct.

As I became more conscious of my surroundings, I heard voices; two people, it seemed, were approaching me. I didn't know what to do. Where they here to hurt me? Did they even know I was there? They were coming closer and closer, and I was worrying more and more. Then, they saw me. I saw them. Then, I just... froze... like the world had stopped spinning; I expected something to happen, for them to say something, anything, but no. Shaking, I looked up to see them frozen in place like statues. Even the ocean remained stationary and lifeless. Yet, despite all this, I was moving, I wasn't frozen. I noticed a small light coming from my chest, when I realised that the skull shaped necklace was glowing, and also slowly running out of light. I watched it return to it's previous state, and suddenly, the earth kept spinning, and time continued. Now, I thought I was ready to face these strangers, who seemed to be my height and age.

"Woah, what's this?" asked the first one, looking shocked and gesturing to the second one to look at me. "Is that a girl?"
"Yeah, but what's a girl doing out here so late?" responded the other of the two, who wore round, large glasses and freckles. "Maybe she's lost?"
They continued talking, and discussing their discovery, while I remained silent and began to stand up. Just as I did so, I looked down at my clothes. I had a black jumper, a red checkered skirt, white stockings and black shoes to match. My hair was platinum blonde and waist-length, with a clean cut fringe: I think I could hide in it like a curtain. Finally, I had a black headband in my hair.
Eventually, the two people who had encountered me addressed me.
"Um, hello?" The first one said, awkwardly. "Who are you?"
"Are you lost?" The second clarified, calmly. "How did you get here?"
I thought long and hard about this, because I had yet to give it any thought. Who was I? I responded to their questions after a second or two.
"I... don't really know. I just sort of... woke up here." I told them. "I don't remember anything before that."
The first one, a boy, it seemed, looked at me with a confused expression.
"Well, you must at least have a name, right?" He asked me.
I shook my head, because no matter how hard I tried, nothing came to mind when I thought of names. The other one, a girl this time, was clearly the more intelligent of the duo, stating:
"Well, if you don't remember anything, then you probably don't have a home." She saw my reaction, a shake of the head, and continued. "You should come and stay with us. We have a guest room. We can give you some more clothes and register you at the village school."
"Oh, great idea, Mollie! We can give her a name, too! This'll be fun." Exclaimed the boy, giving the impression the girl's name was Mollie.
"O-okay then. I suppose I'll follow you, then." I told them, nervously. "It's not like I have anywhere else."
"Good. Come on, Elliot. Let's head home." Mollie answered, as we began to walk down the hill.