Chapter 1

It was a warm, muggy, sunny day, in July. Living in Arizona made it worst, although most people had air conditioning machines, but most didnt. 

Sheriff Jackson Keats was sitting on a stool, at the bar, in the diner that the town they lived in only had for restaurant wise. It was cute, but the dainty little diner that was black, white and red checkered theme. It was like the diner was modeled after the 50's. Sheriff was a short man with black wavy hair, but his eyes, light bluish-green, they were irresistible by all the single women in town. He had a short scruffy beard and a low-deep southern accent with a nice tan to top off his look. He was eating a lukewarm key lime pie served by his favorite waitress, her name was Leona Sullivan. She was tall, with brunette hair, and olive green eyes that made her tan pop on a sunny day. she was a sweet, bubbly person who had a sense of humor, who made people laugh a lot. 

The radio goes off on the sheriffs shoulder, and says:

"Sheriff we have a dead body over on Riverside avenue, its a young girl of about six years old. Her body was found with a doll, very creepy ass little shit too."

The sheriff flags down Leona saying:

"Well, gotta go down to Riverside avenue, there's  a dead body to investigate, its a young girl." He knew he could tell her things like this, because of how close of a bond they have for friendship, although he would like it to be more, he wasn't sure if she did too. but he was sure he would know in time.

"Damn, thats awful! do they know how?" He liked that she took interest in his work. he thought that she would make such a good cop. She joked around quite a bit about being a cop, but didnt take her serious, but after knowing her for a long time, he has noticed that she would fit the job perfectly. 

"No, they didnt say, just that her body was found with a doll. I gotta head down and find out how and why. save my pie for later will ya please?"

"Yeah I will, just take it easy Jackson." he could not believe how gorgeous she was, that he would someday ask her out, but before he knew it, he was already asking her out. "So I was... uh thinking if maybe... uh you would like to hang out later maybe a date?" He looked at her hoping for a yes and not wanting to hear a no, he didnt want to have bad thoughts on his head before he was going to a crime scene of a dead young girl, besides if she says no, its not like its going to be as bad as the crime scene he is going to. He looked at her and with out her having to say anything he knew she said yes, and she knew he understood her eyes as in saying I would love to. "ok I will pick you up when im done with the shift." she gave him a kiss on the cheek for good luck, and he was off to work. 

Sheriff Keats walked out to his patrol car and started to drive to the scene. As he was driving he heard an officer say that the girl had jumped or fallen out of the window, and that the doll if it fell it would of broken with it being glass, but it was sitting up normally as if it didnt fall at all, as if it was placed there.

"what the hell?" Keats said, he was listening to some more of what they were saying, the girl died of a broken skull, that bled out too much. he heard them make a sarcastic comment saying 'and back to the doll' the doll looked to be ancient around Renaissance time period. Keats was astounded. They must of had an archaeologist come in and see it. They continued that the doll was in pristine condition with it being that old, that it was not natural. They talked to the parents and they were saying that they had never seen that doll at all ever before.

"what the hell!?" Keats said.

He was just pulling up to the scene when he saw it. The body was just gruesome. The body had been mangled from impact, the legs and arms were broken and bent at weird and gross angles and the head was cracked open to see the grayish brain matter mixed with blood and hair.