Chapter One

Y/N: Your Name
L/N: Last Name

- - - - - -

You were lost. Your parents died long ago during the Great War, leaving you all alone. You were the last survivor of your village that was completely destoryed. You lived alone in the woods, with no home left to go back to.

Little did you know about your "hidden" powers.

One day, you couldn't manage to find food or water, and you were extremely tired because of the lack of sleep. The animals couldn't let you sleep properly. You were dragging yourself in the woods, still hoping to find something you could use as food.

Because of your hard circumstances, you learned how to hunt, and you were able to defend yourself enough thanks to the training you had back at your village.

But right now, your condition was bad. You felt like you were going to die, and before you know it, you passed out.

- - - - - -

Later, your eyes slowly fluttered open. They were met with a white ceiling. You turned your head, taking in your surroundings... There's no doubt about it. You're in a hospital.

'How the hell did I get here" you thought.

"Oh you're awake!"

A feminine voice ringed in your ear beside you. You turned your head to the right to find a pink haired girl standing there "I brought you some food. Here."

She handed you the tray that carried plates full of food.

"Thank you...." you answered, still a bit weirded out by the situation. But you weren't gonna turn down free food so you dig in anyways.

The pink haired girl sat down next to you and smiled "By the way, my name is Sakura. How about you?"

At first, you didn't want to reveal your name, but she seemed really nice and didn't mean any harm. So you told her "(Y/N)".

"I heard they found you in the woods. Judging by the state of your clothes and your condition, it seems like you've been there for quite some time"

You had finished eating and disposed of the tray of food "I don't really have a home. My village was destroyed a long time ago."

Sakura frowned, you could tell she was sad for you.

Unfortunately, that emotional moment was cut off short by the door slamming open "Sakura-chaaaaan, let's go on a date!"

"NARUTOOO YOU IDIOT! YOU SHOULD KNOCK AT LEAST"

She punched the hell out of him and he flew right out of the room.

"Sorry, Naruto can be really loud."

You giggled "It's okay."

Seconds later, KNOCK KNOCK
"Sakura-chaaan, can I come in?"

"The answer is no, beat it."

Naruto slammed the door open - again - seeming a bit offended "I get it I get it! That's not what I'm here for. I came to give the new girl this."

He came forward, and extended his hand. It was a forehead protector with the logo of Konoha on it "Welcome to Konoha! Er.. What's your name?"

"(Y/N)" you answered as you stared at the headband for a moment.

"Well, (Y/N)? Take it!"

You looked up at his blue eyes, and you felt a snap in your stomach for some reason, which made you flinch.

Sakura put a comforting hand on your back "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah yeah, it's nothing"

Naruto gently put the headband on the bed beside you. You looked back at him and he gave you a warm smile.

Though, the idea just hit you that you don't know who brought you here yet "Who brought me here? Was it you Naruto?"

The yellow haired boy chuckled "Nah, it was Asuma sensei. He was on a mission and he found you passed out in the woods, so he brought you here."

Naruto gave you this strong feeling of a deep connection, like you've known him before. And you didn't quite know why. Maybe it was because he's really friendly and outgoing.

"Oh! That reminds me, I was sent here to get you. Granny Tsunade wants to meet you."

"Granny Tsunade?" You wondered.

"Yeah! The Hokage!"

You almost choked. You were gonna meet the hokage?! You heard so many stories about her braveries, but most importantly, about her short temper.
You had to be well conducted in front of her in order to lay out a good first impression.
"Oh well, let's go I guess."

As you stood up, Sakura threw at you a new pair of clothes "Here. Wear these before you go. And don't forget to wear the forehead protector. You need to look good if you want to leave a good first impression."

It's like she read your mind "Thank you Sakura-chan!"

After you got changed, you went out with Naruto and headed to the Hokage's office.

On your way there, you ran into three people. Naruto seemed to know them well though.

"Ino! Choji! And Shikamaru! It's so nice to see you guys again!"

Ino was a slim blonde haired girl with a nice smile. Choji was a chubby guy with brown hair. And lastly, Shikamaru seemed like the laid back type of guy who had black spiky hair.

"Hey Naruto!" Said Ino "Oh, and who's this? I've never seen you before."

"This is (Y/N)! Asuma sensei found her passed out in the woods not long ago."

"Ah, is that so? Welp, welcome to Konoha, (Y/N)!"

Although, you were too busy observing Shikamaru, who seemed awfully interesting to you. With his hands resting behind his head, he looked back at you without hesitation.

The moment your gazes were locked on each other, it felt like time stopped and the only ones left in the world were you and him.