Chapter Four

You just discovered that you were gonna stay at Shikamaru's place. You went inside and were greeted by Shikaku and Shikamaru.

Shikaku extended his hand to you "Nice to meet you (y/n)."

"Nice to meet you too, uh... sir."

Shikaku laughed "You can call me by my name. Make yourself at home."

The man started walking away, but stopped "Oh I almost forgot, Shikamaru will show you to your room."

Then he left.

You turned to face Shikamaru "So... Hi there."

Shikamaru scratched the back of his head "Hey.. Let me give you a tour of the house."

You nodded and followed him.

He showed you around the house, until you stopped at the kitchen where you found his mother.

"This is my mom."

The woman turned around "Oooh, who is this Shikamaru? Your girlfriend? You two look so cute together!"

Shikamaru's face turned red on the spot "Wha- No, no! *cough* she's new in Konoha so she's temporarily staying here! She's also joining my team."

You were trying to keep yourself fron laughing because of how cute he looks when he's flustered "Yes that's right. My name is (y/n). It's nice to meet you miss."

His mom approached you with a big warm smile "Ah, I see. I thought Shikamaru had finally brought a girl home. *sigh* But I guess he's still too shy."

Shikamaru turned even redder, if that was even possible "Mom! Jeez, this is too troublesome."

At that point you couldn't hold it anymore and a little giggle escaped your mouth.

"Okay, okay. Anyway, (y/n), it's nice to meet you too. Call me Yoshino. You're welcome anytime at our house."

You beamed at her "Thank you so much!"

After that, you followed Shikamaru to your room.

He opened the door "Here we are."

You flicked the lights on and entered. At that moment, the realization of how lucky you were to still be alive and having shelter hit you.

You turned around, only to find Shikamaru also entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"Uh, Shikamaru?"

"Hm? .... Oh right. This is my room. We don't have any other room. I can take the floor it's okay."

You looked over at the bed "But the bed is pretty spacey. We can share. I'll feel bad if you sleep on the floor."

"I mean, are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I don't want to be a burden on you or your parents, you know."

"What? No, you're not a burden at all. It's the least we can do."

"...Thank you, really, thank you so much."

Shikamaru smiled, then he tossed you a pair of clothes "Here, you can borrow my clothes for now. We'll buy you clothes of your own tomorrow."

"Um, thanks again."

You got in the bathroom and took a quick shower. After that, you changed into Shikamaru's clothes. They were exactly your size too.

You emerged from the bathroom and Shikamaru glanced at you while lying in bed "They look good on you."