Warmth

A/N Yes, the picture is supposed to look that awkward.

•*☆○o。..:*・:..:・*:..。o○☆*•

Angelite runs to a door and the small water drop symbol on it lights up along with his gem, opening it to reveal an endless blue room with fluffy white clouds everywhere. The door closes behind him and he leaps and lands on a cloud that is a lot more solid than appearance, landing on it face first with a heavy sigh.

The room is Angelite's sanctuary, a place that he can rest and be alone when he is overwhelmed. That said, he can't be truly alone here as of late. When Adventurine was assigned to be his guard, he was also moved to Angelite's room. He never changed it or imposed in anyway, which the ravenet is grateful for, but Angelite can never be alone for too long.

As if to prove this, Angelite hears the door open again and groans, making himself sink further into the fluffy cloud.

"Go away."

A sigh, "you know I can't do that; I was ordered to come after you."

Angelite chuckles bitterly, "of coarse, always following orders; you couldn't come here because you were worried about me." 'Not that I'd want you to,' he thinks.

There is a pause, before Angelite feels the cloud move, "there...there's that too."

Angelite's eyes blow open and he looks over his shoulder at the other male who sits on the cloud with him, "you...were worried about me?" He asks in disbelief, "why? I haven't done anything to deserve it."

Adventurine shrugs, looking extremely uncomfortable. "True, you haven't, and I haven't been the best either...I'm actually not supposed to become attached to my charges, but..."

"But?" Angelite prods gently, knowing this is a delicate conversation.

Adventurine sighs, "I watch you, I'm supposed to anyway, but I can't help to watch you closer than I would with other gems I've protected. You are...very strange."

"'Very strange'?" Angelite sits up, his lips pulling back to bare his teeth and his eyebrows knitting with an emotion he knows he shouldn't be feeling; but it seems this green gem can evoke it so easily, "that's all? I'm just some anomaly to you?!"

Instead of snapping back like he normally would have, Adventurine laughs.

"What's so funny?!" Angelite yells. The green gem shakes his head.

"You are," he says, looking at Angelite with amused eyes, "why can't you be more like this?"

Angelite's anger dims and confusion mixes with it, "what? Angry?"

"If that's what it takes," Adventurine says, "I see you hide behind Blue Diamond's throne when other gems come in, at the party earlier you looked like you were about to pass out from nerves and when that Topaz insulted you you just took it. Yet with me, you don't stutter and you speak your mind,"

He chuckles again, "that's what makes you so strange," he finishes.

Angelite's cheeks darken and his finger runs along a piece of cloud at his side absently as he thinks about what to say, "I...I'm no better than a pearl, I can't talk back to a topaz or tell a diamond no."