Chapter Three: Friends?

Toren was silent as they made the journey back towards the castle, and her unhappiness was obvious by her droopy ears and dragging wings. Eos didn't like it, so, he decided to do something about it.

"Umm, y-your Highness? If I may speak with you-"

"No, you may not." She retorted, not rudely, but rather in a pleading way. This made him frown. Going against everything he's learned in his classes, he continued to speak.

"Your Highness...if this is about what happened in the alleyway, I have no intentions of bugging you about it. I merely want to know if you're alright." Eos said, ruffling his wings as he looked down at her.

Toren growled mentally as she looked up at him.

"Thank you for your concern, guard, but I wish not to speak with you. In fact, you shouldn't even be speaking, so shut your beak, before I shut it for you!" She snapped. His frown deepened.

This was going to take a little while.

.

.

.

"I said order!" Bazyl yelled, his voice and the sound of a pounding gavel echoing through the courtroom. The roaring crowd in the room came to a silence. General Andreas sat on one side of the King, with the Queen, Dyre, sitting on the other side. She let out a sigh as she looked up from the note.

" Dear, we should not take this lightly. We've had threats in the past, this one should be no different." Dyre said to him.

"I agree with the Queen, your Highness, perhaps I shall go out with a team of our finest to investigate the coordinates given on the note."

The King growled.

"I will not take action over a so called threat that looks like it was written by a bunch of pups! These coordinates...it'll take months to reach them! The funds will be ridiculous, not to mention how dangerous the trip is! The route would go strait through the Soul Sucker's territory, and our tensions with them are already high. " He said, placing a hand on his forehead with a sigh. Dyre placed her hand on his arm, rubbing it gently.

"Bazyl, honey, at least consider the General's words. If it is a true threat, we should have a group of Gatekeepers investigate. Have them travel by air through the Soul Sucker territory, they're ground bound anyways. " She told him, making him sigh again.

"...Alright...General Andreas, prepare a team of 7, and you shall lead them through Soul Sucker territory, but no further. You are then to return. You shall all be ready to leave by dawn tomorrow. Court dismissed."

.

.

.

Eos' conversation with the princess at first didn't seem to be going anywhere, but then she seemed to pause, also stopping in her walking as she looked at him.

"Hey...you know...I think I just might take up on that offer of yours." She said with a smile, making him confused. That was obvious by the small 'huh?' he made. Toren shook her head.

"You are a guard, right? And I need someone to be watching me in order to be let out of the castle. So...if you'll be my guard...then I'll agree to be your friend."

He didn't know what to say to that, but something was better than nothing.

"Erm...y-yeah sure! I can do that!" Eos lied. He light strait to the princess' face, but didn't really acknowledge how dangerous that was. On top of that, he wasn't even a guard. He was a trainee. They're was a major difference.

"Great! What's your name then, by the way? I'm sure you already know mine." She said to him, continuing on her way, which was strait up through the castle doors, passing by it's guards. Eos stayed put.

"E-Eos. My name is Eos, your Highness."

"Alright then, Eos, I'll expect to see you here tomorrow. Have a good evening!" Toren chirped before bounding away out of sight, leaving the young male to contemplate everything tht had just happened.