Love Galore (ruby)

A/N: this is a song preference of Love Galore by Sza!
Words: 783
Warnings: none just cussing lol

"Done with these n*****
I don't love these n*****
I dust off these n*****
Do it for fun
Don't take it personal
Personally, I'm surprised you called me after the things I said
Skrt down, you acting like me
Acting like we wasn't more than a summer fling
I said farewell, you took it well"
All throughout summer Ruby called me when ever he needed sex or anything sexual. I was hesitant at first because he was such a great friend but I figured since he broke up with his ex Olivia, he just needed a rebound. I was all down for a quick fuck, who wouldn't be? The only rule of being a rebound is,
1. Don't catch feelings.
And sadly, i ended up breaking that only rule. I knew I wasn't the only one though. Ruby would treat me as so much more than just a quick fuck. He would take me out to movies, even hold my hand in public , he would constantly compliment me and would get jealous every time I was with other guys.
Ruby ended up getting back with Olivia 2 months later. Ruby would still hit me up and treat me the same, just this time I was not his main focus. I ended up telling him how I felt and how I did not find it fair , but he turned me down and said I wasn't more than 'friends with benefits.' And Fuck did those words hurt.
"Why you bother me when you know you don't want me?
Why you bother me when you know you got a woman?
Why you hit me when you know you know better?
Know you know better
Know your crew better than you do
Call me looking for ya
I be looking for ya
Got me looking forward to weekends
With you baby, with you baby
When you're friends with your 'ex's' friends it's hard. I had to distance myself from the whole group in order to get my mind off Ruby.
I really fell for Ruby. He lead me on wether he accepts it or not. He took my innocence and my whole summer, when it was all for nothing because he knew he was going to get back with Olivia. What was the point of playing me? All those times I cried and regretted everything, it was all because of him. Seeing them together kills me. Ruby has called me a couple times telling me he wants to 'talk' but that's only because him and Olivia are dysfunctional and are on and off again. I have yet fallen for his calls. But it takes everything in me to not go with him.
"Should've never gave you my number, I did it with you
Should've never let you hit it, I split it with you
I regret it, you gots a fetish
You gots a problem, now it's a problem, oh, no"
Everywhere I go, I always see Ruby. He's tried to talk to me plenty of times and I occasionally talk back. But deep inside every night, it kills me. It kills me that I gave him the satisfaction that he took my innocence, it kills me to think that he thinks that's okay to have played me so badly. If I could take it back, I would 100%. My nights have never been so depressing until now. Because I put his needs before mine, I have caused so many problems in my life.
"I came to your city, lookin' for lovin' n' licky
'Cause you promised to put it down
All up in your city, lookin' for you, uh
Searchin' for you like love
It had been a month since I have last seen Ruby. But he called me today. I answered and I agreed to meet him. I took the train to his house, I was as nervous and excited as I've ever been in my life. I knocked on his door and he let me inside. We talked for a while until he decided to take it to the next level. Ruby and I were back to square one.
When we were done, Ruby fell asleep as I just lied there, thinking of what I did.
An hour later and Ruby turned to look at me.
"I love you (Y/N)"
My heart sank.
"I love you too Ruby"
"Only thing keepin' me from droppin' you right now
Right now (love)
Only thing keepin' me by your side
Only thing keepin' me by your side now"