Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Mina Sakurai’s POV

“Kakeru… wake up, we’re going to be late.” I shook him continuously.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand abruptly and pulled me in for a morning hug.

“Give me 5 more minutes.” He cooed.

“Alright, but I’ll have to leave you behind.” I said mischievously.

“Well, let’s see if you can escape from me first of all.” He smirked and kissed me softly on the cheek. “I love you”

I pouted as my cheeks grew red.

When I was 14, my parents died in a car accident. Ever since then, the Hashimoto family has been taking care of me.

I was also in that car accident, luckily, I survived. But, for the cost of my life, I was mentally unstable for awhile after the tragedy. But, since the Hashimotos have been so thoughtful of me, I have gradually become better.

The Hashimotos’ son, Kakeru, is my current boyfriend. I knew that he was in love with me ever since I moved into their house. He always had this awkward smile when he was talking to me and he always blushed when my hand accidently touched his.

When I was in my 3rd year of high school, he confessed to me and I accepted since he was very sweet. I had never looked at him in a romantic way before, but I decided to try just for him. Of course, the Hashimotos were more than happy for us, and I, as well, couldn’t be happier.

As we arrived to the University, I waved Kakeru goodbye as each of us walked to our respective departments.

***

Aaron Kimura’s POV

I was looking for information on T University as Sebastian was driving me to school. Apparently, my mother got me in by bribing the principal even though I could’ve gotten in very easily with my grades; I was a straight A student in France after all.

As I arrived there and got out of the fancy car, I saw other students constantly staring at me. Well, it’s not every day that they see someone walk out of a black Mercedes Benz guided by a foreign butler. I should start taking the train tomorrow. I didn’t want to look any different from the other students here.

I made my way coolly to the business department, trying to look as normal as possible. As I reached in my bag to get my schedule, I accidently drop my textbooks. Luckily, a nice-looking young man had the heart to stop and help me pick them up.

“…Aaron Kimura.” He read staring at my textbooks as he handed them over to me. “Did I say it right?”

“Yeah and you are?...”

“Takuto Himura, don’t wear it out” He smiled cheekily. “Are you perhaps in Mr. Shinomiya’s class?” He asked as he scanned my school manuals.

I nodded bewilderedly. “What about it?”

 “I have that teacher too; I heard he’s a living monster in class.” He grabbed the rest of my books and put them in my bag. “Rumours say that he has thrown every possible item you can think of on chatty students.”

I laughed lightheartedly. “Thanks by the way.”

“Don’t mention it.” He smirked. “Shall we go to class together?”

I chuckled. “Lead the way.”

***

I walked out of the classroom with Takuto who is apparently the first friend I made at this school. He wasn’t a bad guy, not too talkative nor too boring. I enjoyed his company in class. He may seem like a carefree kind of person at first, but he’s a lot more serious than I thought. As for the class, surprisingly, I learned quite a lot today. Mr. Shinomiya is definitely my kind of strict teacher.

As I snapped out of it, finally realizing that Takuto was talking to me all this time, my stomach suddenly growled.

“Hey, let’s hurry before the line gets too long at the cafeteria” he said

When we arrived, the line wasn’t that long. As we were standing in line, I saw a familiar girl pass by and then I realized that it was her, the same girl from the flower shop that I went to a few days ago. My eyes widened as I observed her closely; she had her hair down this time which made her look more feminine. I quickly left the line and walked towards her. I could hear Takuto calling for me from behind, but I didn’t bother to turn around because I could only focus on that girl.

I rushed up to her, took her wrist and turned her towards me. She looked at me startlingly as I stared directly in her brown eyes. There was no doubt about it.

“M-Mina…?” I said shakingly.

“Is there something I could do for you?” she asked bewilderedly.

I knew it, I knew it, it’s her.

“It’s me. Remember? Aaron…”

She stared at me for a while. “Sorry, I don’t have any recollection of you.”

I started sweating a great deal.

“A-Are you sure, it’s me.”

She looked at me once again. “Oh! I know! You’re the guy from the flower shop.”

My grasp on her wrist tightened.

“No! I mean yes, but there is more to that!”

She gave a grimace of pain.

Suddenly, someone grabbed Mina away and looked at me dead in the eye.

“You’re hurting her.” He said angrily.

Mina looked up at the young man. “Kakeru?…”

I snapped out of it and looked at Mina’s troubled face. “I-”

Right before I could finish my sentence, the young man, supposedly named Kakeru, took Mina’s hand and left the room.

Without realizing the stir I’ve created in the cafeteria, I stood there shocked at what I’ve done, but most importantly at the fact that Mina had forgotten about me… even though she swore that she would remember… Was I the only one hanging on to this promise after all these years?

Takuto came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder as I covered my watery eyes with the palm of my hand.