Prologue

It was a normal day. A day from the time of her life that was once sweeter than what it had turned to be at her teenage years.

Of course, things were better back when she was eight years old. Her beloved father sat beside his little girl on the soft bed and he took out an old book. He found the page with the help of the bookmark and he continued where he had left it from.

"Do you remember where we had last left it?" Her father asked.

"When she was going to the Fire Nation with the rest of the Assassins for a new mission-" The little girl answered.

"Do not tell to your mother I read you that part of the story," He said.

The girl chuckled "I won't, I promise, just get on with the story. I want to know what happened next,"

He smiled at his little daughter and he turned his gaze back at the old, obviously, hand-written document. He knew exactly who had written it and how it reached his hands. But he knew, his daughter wasn't ready to learn the truth yet.

He started reading...

I was scared. I used to hide my feelings but now I cannot lie about it. I really was frightened of what we were going to face when we'd reach the Fire Nation. June and I were the youngest in the group. The rest of the women were older, much more experienced than we were.

I knew they were going to survive. But I wasn't sure about us. When we reached the Dragonbone Catacombs we realized that the fire benders had set it out for us, and it was too late-

"Daddy, why people stopped believing?" the little girl asked cutting her father.

He looked confusedly at her. "What do you mean?"

"Everyone says the Hundred Year War never happened. This book... it just sounds so... true," He knew his daughter was so smart. She was only nine years old.

"Arrow-loaf, this is just a book, a story. It's not real. It's fiction," He said.

The nine year old sighed "You're lying, papa," she said.

He stared at her. Of course, he was lying. But he was trying to protect her. He closed the book and pressed a gentle kiss on the little girl's forehead.

"Goodnight, Arrow-loaf," and he exited the room.

The questions remained in her mind.

~<0>~21 Years Later~<0>~

She woke up breathing heavily. Her mind once again torturing her sleep with nightmares she couldn't remember. It was just another regular morning.

She got off her bed as to start once again her daily routine. All she needed was a cup of hot tea. After dressing up she put on her glasses, relieved that she could finally see clearly everything around her. She walked out of her impressively huge Mansion, which still remained empty.

One of her butlers was waiting outside holding the driver's door, of her car, open for her to sit in.

"Thanks, Jat. Try not to blow up the house while I'm gone," She said turning the key and turning the engine on.

"You can trust me, Ms. Hertinforg," The butler said.

Without further words she started driving her way to the largest lab of her industries in Republic City. It didn't take long. She'd made sure her job would be close to her house.

Once she entered the huge building the first one to see was her co-director. He was wearing his usual white doctor's robe with a screwdriver and a pen in the one front pocket. He was holding her cup of tea and his glasses slipped a bit from his nose. But he pushed them back up.

"Good morning, Kya. Don't wanna ruin your day, but, the experiment with the vine guns completely failed," He said.

Kya took her robe, put it on, and grabbed her tea from her friend's hands "Of course, it failed..." she said and she made her way through the lab.

There were thousands of scientists with glasses protecting their eyes, their tools spread on their benches and many experiments all around the place. She had the biggest Industry of Technological inventions and she was proud of it.

"...what was the inside made of? Plastic?" Kya asked.

Her friend followed from behind and took a look at the files with his notes "Well... yeah," he answered hesitantly.

"Kim, sometimes I wish there was mind in that head of yours," Kya said sarcastically as she stopped walking and she turned to look at him. She crossed her arms. "Didn't I say that the vines wield power equal to radiation? I want new samples of guns by next week. We're gonna make a lot of money out of this,"

"Also..." Kim added sighing "...there's a representative of the Republic City Government here to see you. He's waiting into your office,"

"Thanks, Kim," Kya said and she started walking towards her office.

When she walked in, she found a formally dressed man no more than the age of forty.

"Please, do sit down," Kya said and she walked towards her desk and sat at her armchair. "So, how can I help you?"

The man did as he was asked and he opened the folder taking out a paper placing it in front of her on the desk. She put her glasses back on. She had let them hanging front her neck but, alas, all those years of studying to be a scientist really affected her eyes. She couldn't see a thing without her glasses.

It was a document from a notary referring to one of the City's last laws. A law that claimed for every Industry owner, never to make use of the vines that have been planted in the City for decades.

"I don't understand. Those vines hide huge amounts of energy that could be useful to solve the most unsolved problems of our society. Why not take the advantage of it?" Kya asked.

"That is Classified Information," the representative said.

"Really? I'm a billionaire, what else do I have to be to get that information?" Kya asked.

"World Leader," he answered.

She chuckled ironically. It was a shame. She, of course, didn't want to end the Vine Project she had just started.She would've made a lot of money out of this. 

"Either you stop, or we're closing the Hertinforg Industries," he said.

"Fine. I'll stop the experiments. You have my word. But you know..." Kya said and she picked up the document "...the fact, that people stopped writing with their hands and instead they got computers and printers to print their documents, you owe it to me. These are my inventions. You can't close this Company,"

"You have no idea with what power you're dealing with," the representative said.

"Why are you, people, so afraid to find out?"

~<0>~

I hope you liked it! I know it's small, but it's the Prologue. 

The first sample of that story was 133,000 words and only 20 chapters. I really had to change that.

Please Vote and Comment me! Tell me if you liked it!

:)