0.1

The final bell rings loudly and students seem to run from their classrooms. Up and down steps trying to make it out of this hellhole as quickly as possible. People bump into me, coming from every which direction. I just keep my head down hoping one of those kids bumping into me isn't Henry.

Henry Bowers is the school's bully. No one does anything about him even though they know what he does. Henry didn't scare me like he did the others. I wasn't afraid of him. But, I was already having a pretty shitty day. Running into him wouldn't be the best thing for me today.

I file out of the building's doors along with the rest of the kids. I turn to walk to the trash cans, ready to dump all of my things out into it, but the trash cans are already surrounded by the 'losers'. I sigh, slowly walking up to them, hoping by them time i get there they'll be finished. That's when The Bowers Gang appears.

"Nice frisbee flamer!" I hear Patrick retort, throwing Stanley's yarmulke. The high schoolers continue to torment the boys and I decide it's enough; no one deserves that.

As Belch decides to burp in Eddie's face, I shove past Eddie and punch Belch across the face.

"Leave them the fuck alone!" I shout. Belch holds a hand gingerly to his face, a new bruise making its way there.

"What the fuck?" He yells. Henry turns around seeing Belch on the ground, Victor only snickers. Suddenly, I'm shoved into Henry, Patrick laughing as he walks by.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Sweet Pea?" Henry growls as I push myself away from him.

"Get off of me!" I scream at him, pushing his chest. He just laughs.

"They got it off easy this year because of Denborough's brother, but this summer's gonna be hell." He growls. I slap him, his head pivoting to the side. As he slowly turns towards me, his eyes are wide. He grabs me by my shirt, raising his hand, only to see his father out of the corner of his eye watching.

He puts me down with a huff, making sure to whisper into my ear, "You're gonna get it, Hawkins."

He pushes me away, a grin wide across his lips, as he and his friends laugh walking to their car. Belch didn't forget to spit on the ground in front of me before walking away.

"W-W-Why d-did you s-s-save us?" Bill asked.

"I had a bad day." I muttered in despise, watching as the Bowers Gang drove off. I turned around quickly, shoving past the group and towards my bike at the rack. I took off as quick as I could, trying to get home before the Bowers Gang saw me riding there.