0.4

"The field?" Hazel questioned, looking over at Richie as they marched down the hill of the field.

"Yeah," He shrugged, "it's where I like to have special little moments like this." He teased, Hazel pushing him away from her.

"No, but seriously?" She asked.

"Seriously, I like to come here to watch the sunset."

"Richie 'Trashmouth' Tozier likes to watch the sunset? I don't believe it." Hazel joked with a light giggle.

"Well you better believe it sweets and if you tell anybody-"

"What're you going to do about it?"

"Bother you until you die."

"Then I must be dying soon." She replied in a teasing tone, plopping herself down in the grass. Richie looked down at her; her light brown waves lying perfectly across her shoulders, looking out at the field and towards the horizon. He smiled.

"I don't like it much here anymore." Hazel suddenly began, never taking her eyes off of the sight before her.

"How come?" Richie asked, sitting down next to her.

"A lot's happened. A lot's changed." She shrugged. Richie didn't respond as she dug in her pocket. Pulling out a bracelet, she sighed.

Her soft hands ran over the beads, a smile tugging at her lips as the memories flooded into her mind.

"Hazel! Hazel! Look at what I made!" A small, blonde girl ran up to her. Her dark green eyes sparkled with glee, a smile so wide it ran for miles, dirty blonde pigtails bouncing as she displayed her bracelet: M A R I L Y N.

Hazel stuffed the bracelet back into her overall pocket, looking back at the horizon.

"What is that?" Richie inquired.

"Nothing important," She responded never looking anywhere else.

"So, what's changed?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"My entire life's changed." She sighed, not explaining anymore, leaving the poor boy confused.

"It doesn't seem like it has." He told her.

"Because you don't know." Hazel replied low enough for him to hear. "No one does. It's like everyone's forgotten, because someone else has disappeared."

Their conversation was left at that. Neither of them said a word, Hazel reminiscing of the past few months and Richie pondering over what she could've been talking about. They sat in silence, the sun setting before them. And when it finally got dark, she turned to him.

"Thanks... for tonight." She paused before continuing, "I know you don't know or probably understand, but it meant a lot to have someone here." Her voice cracked as she looked at him. "Even if it was you." She giggled, "Goodnight Tozier," She stood, "Ill see you tomorrow."

The Next Day

"Yeah, it was weird. She had this bracelet. It said something with an 'm' on it. I think she found it at the barrens yesterday." Richie told the boys about the strange part of the night where Hazel had held a bracelet, sharing nothing more other then that part.

"Didn't her sister go missing?" Stanley questioned, taking off his shirt to show his tiny frame.

"I think," Eddie replied.

"Wait what?" Richie questioned, pushing for the others to go on.

"Yeah her little sister or something, a few months ago. She didn't come to school for like two weeks straight." Stanley informed the group. Bill stood silently, taking in everything he heard as he stared at the water below. He didn't want or know what to say, other than the fact that he knew how she was feeling. He felt bad for her.

Richie on the other hand didn't know what to think, did she even realize she had shown him the bracelet? But really, the first thought that came to mind was, is she okay?

The five boys stood at the very edge of the cliff, looking down at the water. They spat and waited, bickering over who won and who would go first, not giving Hazel another thought.

"What a bunch of sissy's, am I right Bev?" A familiar voice was heard from behind the group and then a soft giggle. All five turned around to find Beverly and Hazel standing together, both unbuttoning their dresses. Bev went first, running off the edge with a splash as she fell in. Then went Hazel, running and doing a front flip off of the cliff and into the water. They both resurfaced, calling to the others to join them.

First was Bill, then Stanley, Eddie, then Ben, and finally Richie who was thinking his whole wait. He wondered about what he would say to Hazel, their last encounter being awkward, for him at least. And confusing.

Finally, he jumped, the cold water sending chills up his spine. As he resurfaced, he was met with a splash of water to his face, then more and more as the day went on.

As it did go on, he and Hazel were fine. Like last night and what she said hadn't happened. It was nothing serious, he was just confused about what she meant.

They played around, splashing and play-fighting. But soon they were tired out and decided to lay down and dry off.

Bev and Hazel laid back on towels, the radio blasting by their heads, which they didn't mind. The boys practically drooled in wonder at the two girls, before Bev turned over and caught them.

Hazel still laid back, turning down the volume of the radio to listen in on the conversation.

".. school's out for summa, Ben!" She heard as she lowered the volume. Her head rolled to the side, peering through her glasses at the boys
as they went through Ben's things.

"Oooo! Who's this from?" Richie teased picking at a postcard.

"No one!" Ben replied, prying it from his hands.

"Stop invading the poor boy's privacy." Hazel rolled her eyes, sitting up and leaning back on her palms.

Hazel opened her eyes as she heard a particular conversation spark; between Bev and Bill.

"Y-your h-hair," He began, talking about her drastic haircut that made her look even more beautiful, if it could.

"It looks beautiful, Beverly." Ben finished for him. Hazel heard Bev sigh and thank Ben, but she knew Bev was really hoping Bill would say it.

A sigh quietly escaped itself from Hazel's lips as she looked down at her tanned legs, up to her pastel pink underwear, to her stomach. She suddenly felt insecurities take over her mind as she grabbed her dress and slipped it on, nobody noticing her actions.

They sat there, going over history. Every 27 years, kept running through Hazel's head as she listened in interest at the facts. Richie admired her from the side as her eyes followed everyone's words around the group, finally landing on Richie and into his brown eyes. He felt as if everything had slowed down as they kept eye contact, staring into one another's eyes for what felt like minutes but only seconds.

"Rich! Hello! We're going to Ben's house, come on!" Eddie yelled at the boy. He blinked rapidly, realizing Hazel had gotten up and was fully dressed already, walking to Beverly's bike.

They trailed behind Ben, following to his house. When they got there he ran inside, making everyone confused wondering why he was racing.

As they entered his room, Richie and Eddie finished their conversation, making a new one in which they joked about Ben's room. Hazel ignored them, following Bill over to Ben's collection of slides. They dug through some, ignoring everyone's conversations, as they held the slides up to the light to see them.

"O-old D-Derry," Bill stated, leaning over towards Hazel, his hand held up in the light. She turned to face him after studying the slide and nodded.