Chapter 41

Nat's 16th bday

Blake's POV

I walk in, seeing her delicate face as always. They've taken her off of the ventilator, as she started breathing on her own. She's been twitching and showing signs of waking up, so now, everybody is waiting in anticipation. 

I walk over, my hand brushing across her cheek. She really does look so peaceful, so gorgeous. Without thinking, I lean down, pressing my lips to hers. 

A pair of soft lips kiss back. I smile, pulling away. A beaming Natalie is staring back at me, with an ear to ear grin. 

She laughs, immediately pulling me into a hug. 

"I love you so much." She whispers. 

"I missed you Natalie Rose." I respond, pushing back. 

"Can't I at least see how I look?" She requests. 

I sit down on the edge of her bed, holding her hand, "Shouldn't we get your home nurse in? You know, to pull out the IV and stuff?" 

She for once looks down, seeing the few remaining machines she is attached to. 

"I mean, I could just-" She pulls out her supporters, without even wincing.

"Nat! I don't think you were supposed to do that!" I exclaim. 

She laughs and shrugs, "It doesn't hurt, remember, that stuff heals quickly for me. Now, whatever, I want to see myself." 

She stands up, a bit wobbly on her legs. This moment seems so surreal, it's been two years, and she finally woke up. Natalie is finally back. 

Natalie's POV

I look into the mirror, seeing an entirely different girl. I am filled out, which I guess two years of not seeing myself might do, and my hair is now down past my waist, and curled. No doubt Shailene and Jennifer did it, along with my nails and makeup. Although Blake is still a few good inches taller than me, I've still grown maybe a half foot. 

I'm in different clothes, which I suppose is better than a hospital gown, but I don't want to know who changed me. I've got a lacy white crop top, black jeans, and some cute white booties. 

I turn away, back to my handsome boyfriend, and jump onto his back. "To the living room!" I shout, pointing forward. 

"Don't yell in my ear!" He shouts back. 

I laugh as he runs down the stairs. 

"Hey Blake." Mom says, seemingly out of it. I hop down from his back, casually strolling in front of her. 

She looks up, snapping out of her trance, "Oh my God! Natalie you're awake!" She screams, and tackles me. 

I'm still wobbly on my legs so we fall onto the floor. I laugh, and Mom pulls me up. 

"I know I've been watching you grow, but you look so different baby girl!" She exclaims, looking over me. 

I chuckle, "I feel like I'm falling forward." That earns a loud laugh from mom, and an awkward chuckle from Blake. 

I look over Mom, noticing age marks etched into her face. And...a huge belly? 

"Mom, who's this?" I question. 

She grins, "Oh, yeah, it's a baby! He-He's supposed to be another six month baby, like the twins. So, I'm expecting soon." 

I gasp pulling her into another tight hug. 

"Where's Dad and the twins?" I ask, searching around. 

"Dad is picking them up from a play date, that's all," She answers, "They'll be home ay minute now" 

Mom mainly catches me up on everything for a few minutes, before Dad walks through the doors with the twins skipping in behind him. 

He has a few bags in each arm, and looks beyond stress. 

"I'll help!" I call out, jogging unsteadily over to him. Damn, these immovable legs are so inconvenient. 

"Natalie!" He yells, dropping the bags and pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. 

I feel the twins wrap around my legs. 

With a bit of pushing, Dad let's go of me. I get on my knees, hugging the girls. 

"I miss you sissy!" Ashlen squeals, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

I laugh, "I missed you too sweetie!" 

Eliza stays back a little. 

"Hey girlie! Are you okay?" I ask her. 

She nods, a tiny smile on her face. 

"Mom, is something wrong with Eliza?" I ask, looking over. 

She walks over, and picks up Eliza, "She can't talk." 

A lump forms in my throat, "I mean...Hey! We can still have tea parties right?" 

Eliza smiles, and gives me a high five. She leans over, so I take her from Mom's arms and hug her. My poor baby sister...wait. 

"Mom, are you finally having a boy?" 

She nods, making me grin again. 

"Everything's okay then? That's amazing!" I exclaim. 

We all sit down in the living room, me between Mom and Blake. Well, more sitting halfway on both of them. 

"When did we move to Abnegation?" I direct at Dad.

"It was just safer with...your situation. Being in the Dauntless compound, especially with our growing family, it just wasn't as convenient." He explains. 

"Well, at least I have my own room." I laugh. 

After maybe another hour of catching up with everybody, I find my way back to my room, mainly to text my friends. Blake follows me up, so I lay down as he moves all of those annoying machines out of the room. 

I just post something in our group chat, which has two years worth of messages for me to read. I turn off my phone and set it on the antique night table. My breaths are slow and even, as I lay silently in my bed. After a few minutes, warm arms wrap around my waist. I turn over, facing Blake. 

"You're even more beautiful when I can see your eyes." He whispers. 

I don't say anything, just smile and snuggle into his chest. It's hard to believe I've finally woken up from, basically, a two month sleep, and somehow I'm tired. 

The last words I can hear before I drift off are, "I love you." 

I know I've been updating so much, but I really hope you are enjoying this. I think the first time I wrote this I used the two year coma because it is REALLY HARD to write from the perspective of a thirteen year old, since it is a really awkward age. I hope it wasn't hard to read, and I'm sorry for that cliche bit at the beginning. Hope you liked this!