Yuri x Monika

Yuri stared at the bulletin board, looking for a club to join. Her mother had wanted her to join a club so that she could be 'more social.' None of the clubs seemed to interest her, except for one. It was the literature club, and if there was anything Yuri liked, it was reading. She decided that she would check it out after school.

~

Class seemed to drag on for hours, but Yuri was out of the door the minute the bell rang. She didn't have to walk far, considering the club was on the same floor as her class. She reached the door and stared at it for a moment. She was about to open the door, but then she got nervous.

"I-I can't do this." She thought. "Is it too late to change my mind?"

Deciding that it was a bad idea, she was about to turn around when the door opened to reveal a pink haired girl with a red bow.

"Huh? Oh, hello! Are you here to check out the club. Come right in."

She held the door open for Yuri. She realized that it was to late to back out, so she walked into the clubroom. The pink haired girl introduced herself.

"My name's Sayori and I'm the vice-president of the literature club. I don't know where our president went, but I'm sure she'll be back shortly. So, what's your name?"

Yuri was surprised by how talkative Sayori could be. The exact opposite of herself.

"Y-Yuri. N-Nice to meet y-you." Sayori smiled.

The clubroom door opened and a girl with brown hair walked in. Yuri couldn't help but stare at her, her face turning red.

"Hello, Sayori. Who is this?" She asked.

"This is-"

"Yuri." Yuri interrupted, sticking out her hand.

The brown haired girl smiled and shook Yuri's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Yuri. I'm Monika."

The two stopped shaking hands.

"So, are you thinking about joining the club?" Monika asked.

Yuri nodded.

"That's great! Sayori, could you get Natsuki?" Monika asked.

"Sure thing!"

Sayori ran over to a closet in the back, pulling a small, pink haired girl out of it.

"H-Hey! Let go of me."

Sayori dragged the small girl over to us. Monika laughed.

"Natsuki, do you think you can show Yuri what we do in the club?"

Natsuki looked up at Yuri, not at all intimidated by her height.

"Sure, whatever. Follow me."

Natsuki walked over to one of the desks and sat down. Yuri sat down at the desk next to her.

"So basically we just read books and socialize. As you probably already know, Monika is the president and Sayori is the vice president. Don't worry, I have a job too. Sometimes I bake cupcakes for the club and they are the best. I haven't even told you about my favorite manga. You might have hear-"

Yuri stopped listening to Natsuki talk about herself, instead watching Monika work on paperwork. Yuri noticed how concentrated she was. Too concentrated to notice her staring.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" Natsuki asked.

Yuri flinched. She forgot Natsuki was even there.

"O-Of course I was."

"Then what was I just talking about?"

"Uh..."

Yuri didn't know what to say. She didn't want to disappoint the small girl.

"Y-You were..."

"What was she talking about? She said something about manga, didn't she? Maybe that's what she was talking about."

"Y-You w-were talking about m-manga." Yuri answered.

Natsuki stared at her for a second before sighing.

"I guess you were listening. D-Don't think I'm going to apologize for accusing you of not listening. You just weren't looking at me, so I thought you were ignoring me."

Natsuki stood up and walked back into the closet. Yuri sighed. If she joined this club she would have to deal with Natsuki, but that's fine if she gets to be with Monika. She stood up and walked over to Monika. Monika looked up from her work and smiled.

"Hello Yuri. Have you made your decision?"

Yuri smiled. "Yeah. I-I've decided t-too join the c-club."

"That's great! We'll be glad to have you."

Monika went back to her work while Yuri just stood there. After awhile, Monika looked back up.

"You can go sit down if you want. Do you have a book you can read?"

Yuri nodded and walked back over to the desks.

She sat down and pulled her book out of her bag. It was called 'Portrait of Markov,' one of her favorites. She opened it and continued reading where she left off. Despite reading it two times already, she always felt like she was reading a new book, a new adventure. She heard footsteps walking towards her, but was too focused on her book to care. The person sat down in the desk beside her and tapped her shoulder. Yuri looked up from her book to see Monika.

"Could you please stay after when the club's over. I want to get everything situated and make sure you know how everything works. I don't think Natsuki did a very good job of that." She said, looking over at Natsuki who was sitting on the floor reading her manga.

Yuri nodded and went back to her book.

~

"Alright everyone! It's about time we start getting ready to leave." Monika said.

Natsuki stood up and walked back into the closet, putting her manga in its proper spot. Sayori stood by the door, probably waiting for Natsuki. Yuri put her book away and stood up. She watched as Sayori and Natsuki left, leaving her and Monika.

"So, Yuri. What do you think of the club so far?" Monika asked.

"I-It's fine. I g-get to r-read." She stuttered.

Monika nodded. "Can I look at that book you were reading earlier?" She asked.

"S-Sure."

Yuri, confused as to why Monika wanted to see her book, walked over to her bag and took out the book. She walked back over to Monika and handed it to her. Monika opened it to the page that was bookmarked.

"B-Basically, it's about this girl in high school who m-moves in with her l-long lost sister..."

Monika hands the book back to Yuri. Before Yuri could continue Monika started talking.

"It's getting late. We should be heading home. Bye Yuri."

Monika turned around and left. Yuri, confused by what just happened, opened her book to make sure Monika didn't ruin it. She knew she wouldn't, but that's what she thought the last time she let someone see her book. A paper fell out of the book and onto the floor. Yuri picked it up. She saw it was a phone number. Yuri smiled to herself and put the book back in her bag, leaving the classroom.