Chapter 17

Third Person POV . . .

The moon shone beautifully among the bright stars through the peacful night. The empty hallways were dimly lit, and Jane's echoing footsteps were the only things to be heard, but anyone could tell that each step was filled with a joyous vribe. Torch was going to finally end the rivalry between him and Gazel tomorrow, and the innocent girl was humming a cheerful tune, as she skipped to her room. She couldn't help it, a few hours ago, her best friend was on the edge of breaking, and now, he is soundly sleeping under the tree, beside the soccer field. The smile never left her face as she remembered his peaceful, sleeping face.
" Your quite happy", Jane stopped in her tracks, once she heard the familiar voice. Byron stood in front of her, blocking her passage, while playing with a small white iris between his fingers.
She clapped her hands, and shouted cheerfully, " Yup! Things will take a new start tomorrow!". The blonde eyed the girl for a few seconds then asked, " Why so?". Byron has been watching her friendship with all the members of the soccer team.
" Well Torch Is going to apologize to Gazel, and they will end their rivalry!", she replied, with a grin of hope on her face.
" You really think it is that easy?", he asked , crossing his arms, and allowing a shadow to cover his eyes. Jane was confused by her teammate's words, and froze in her spot.
" What type of pycho person are you Byron? First, you called yourself a god, then you act like you really care. Second, you drop the girl's hopes", just when Jane was about to turn around, a cold hand suddenly appeared on her shoulder, causing her to twitch a little at the chilly touch. Byron giggled halfhreatedly, while brushing his fingers through his hair.
" And I thought you were in bed Gazel", he said, after catching his breath again, and smiled proudly. The shadow disappeared from Byron's face, and he clicked his tongue happily.
" Jane doesn't need to hear your opinion, so I don't think you have any business left with her", Gazel replied in his cold hearted tone, while keeping a straight face, and moved his hand from Jane's shoulder to her wrist.
" Overprotective aren't ya? But I will back down for now since I am not interested in teasing anyone, but in the meantime, make sure you don't shatter your lover's heart. The goddess of love might not smile at you Gazel", the blonde replied, turning around on his heels, before walking away into the distance. Once he was out of view, a heavy sigh escaped Gazel's lips, and he scratched his bandaged cheek in agony. His other hand was on his chest, and he took a few breaths until he became stable again.

Jane's POV . . .

" Are you okay? Did something else happen?!", Gazel did not reply to any of my questions, and gave my hand a small squeeze.
" Gazel?", my worries started to take over, and I placed my free hand on his bandaged cheek. He looked taken aback, and looked at me with tired eyes, that had black lines forming under them, and said, " I have to go somewhere tonight, and I- I don't want you to do something stupid like you usually do".

His grip on my wrist became tighter, that I was even able to feel my blood pulse. I did not want to be a burden, and asked him where he was going, so I just smile sweetly.
" I fine with that!", was my reply, and  a small, yet gentle smile sprouted on his lips.
" I am glad-- ", before he could finish talking, he lost his balance, and fell on me out of the blue. I was barily able to  keep standing! I shook his shoulders a few times hoping he would return to his conciousness.
"Jane~", he mumbled in a low voice, as hid head rested on my shoulder.
" Gazel! Wake up! ", I yelled, while tapping his shoulder. He suddenly returned to normal, and pushed dhinself away from me, with his cheeks having a faint tint of pink.
" S-sorry! ", he excused himself, even though his fingers were slightly trembling from exhaustion.
" Your don't need to, you did not rest well, and you should not push your body too much or you will collapse!", I replied caressing his cheek, before gently holding his hand, and leading him to his room.

      Every now and then he would stumble while walking, but he kept telling me not to pity him, which was really hard for me to control. All my nevousness was gone, once we reached his room, where I helped him lay down on his bed, and let me tell you, he looked like a little kitten searching for warmth. Small chuckles escaped my lips, and Gazel narrowed his eyes at me, because of my unexpected behaviour.
" What's so funny that you stay quiet like a good girl?", he asked in an annoyed tone, while pulling the white sheets of silk above his shoulders.
" Nothing! Nothing! Don't mind me!", I replied, but instead of accepting my answer, he sat up, and stared at me start in the eye. Nevousness kept spinning in my head, and I was able to hear the quick pulse of my heart as it pound inside of me.
" Your lying", he mumbled, grabbing my wrist, and using some of his limited energy to foce me to sit next to him.
" Spill it, what is so funny?", I still was unable to reply, it was as if the words were stuck in my throat.
Gazel studied my face for a moment, before letting out a loud sigh, and said, " It can't be helped".
He caressed his index finger across my cheek, and I felt my body turning a little numb at his soft touch.
" You are still able to heal others with broken hearts Jane, that's what I love about you the most", he said, taking a deep breath, as he moved his finger from my cheek to the tip of my nose.
" And you always have the funniest expression to make the most cold hearted person to laugh, your mines and only mine", he added, embracing me into a hug, and nuzzled his nose into my soft hair.
" When I saw you practicing in the field with Leo, and Torch, I wanted to run out of my room so badly, and play with you as well, but coach stopped me, just when I was so close", hearing his words made my heart flutter, and caused me to hug him tighter than ever.
" Well I think you know, but I love everything about you", I whispered, and patted his back.

       After a minute or two, Gazel fell asleep while we were in that position, he kept mumbling his old trammates' names from 'Chaos', including Torch. The only thing I was able to do, was to cover him with a blanket, and wish him a good afternoon nap, before another event will come by in the future.

==================
Haah . . .
That was a long chapter!
Next Chapter :

Jane: Who are we playing soccer against in our next game?

Coach Lee: Desert Lions, and then we will be heading for the
semi-finals!

Jane: Sweet! Wait what in the name of God?! Flesh is on the move again?! And what's with Belletrix? She is offering help?!

Jana: Until next time dear readers!