Chapter 35

Third Person POV . . .

               The ride back to the appartment in the "Fire Dragon" caravan was lively, and cheerful. As for Jane, she sat silently by the window, and silently watched the small shops that swept by her vision. What was her goal going to be once she goes back to her normal life? The only thing that popped in her mind, were the insults most of the professional girls at "Royal Academy" would embaress at her. She was snapped back to reality, noticing someone's hand on her shoulder. It was Gazel, and he was certainly the last person she wanted to inform him of her early leave to Japan. The teen boy caught a glimpse of Jane's  uncomfortable face, and looked at her with a plain expression.

" Ow! I thought you were with Choi Chang", but before Jane could mutter another word, Gazel smoothly placed his hand on her head, and gave her a small tug. Causing her to rest her head on his shoulder.

A slight blush popped on the girl's face, but she felt a bit a ease.

" You played your part as forward well today, so ease off a little", the silver haired boy complimented.

"But it was you who scored the winning goal," she replied in a low voice, while tugging his shirt.

A small smirk appeared at the corner of Gazel's lips, and he patted her head in reassurance. Torch's advice from the other day flashed in his mind, and he felt a small shock of rebelliousness prick in his chest, but held back, fearing his past self. He turned his attention to Jane, who seemed to be sinking deeper into her thoughts.

" Your such an idiot", he mumbled, resting his head on hers, and nuzzeling his nose into her hair, which most likely smelled similar to irises.
Suddenly, their moment was interuppted by the loud, annoying ringing of Jane's phone. The teen girl sprang to her feet, and pulled her phone out of her bag.

" Hello?", was the first thing that popped up in her mind.

" Ah! Jane! You finally picked up! I have been trying to call you for a couple of days already!" A light shade of pink covered Jane's cheeks once she heard Xavier's voice emerged from the phone, and yet a she felt a small smile sprout on her lips.

" Yeah, it such has been I while since I talked to you", she replied obediently.
The teen boy's relieved voice made her wonder what happened to him. She turned towards Gazel, and noticed him picking up another argument with Torch. She sighed in disappointment, and brought her phone closer to her ear.

" I tried calling you everday, but I was only informed that you were always busy. Did something happen?" the worry in her friend's voice ached her heart.
She took a deep breath, and replied, " That's strange no one informed my about a call."
For a second, Xavier did not say a word, and Jane felt a heavy atmosphere seeping from the phone.

"Hello? Xavier?", Jane gripped the phone tightly.
Her palms were sweating nervously, and she was bitting her lower lip, with a tense feeling rising in her chest.

" Ow! Sorry! It's nothing! Don't worry yourself!", the teen girl sighed in relief, and closed her eyes in satisfaction. Even though she knew something was not right, she held back her questioning, not wanting to push Xavier too far.

" I-it is fine, I am guessing practice got you all worn out", she replied, trying to change the topic.

Xavier yawned over the phone, and giggled heartedly, before asking , " How are things in South Korea?"

" Fine, but unluckly, I beated up my ankle quite well, and I will be taking the first flight tomorrow morning," Jane replied innocently, staring at her bandaged ankle in regret.

" Oh, do you need Mrs. Lina to pick you up? I would like to greet you at the airport as well, but practice got me occupied." He asked from the other line of the phone.

" I will take your offer", her words seemed to satisfy Xavier's heart, since the teen girl could hear him sighing in relief.

" See you then", he replied, ending the call.

          Once Jane placed her phone back into her bag, she turned back to Gazel, and shot him a death glare. She angerly stomped between him and Torch, knowing they would stop squabbling soon. The furious shouting of the two boys slowly died down, and both of them looked at her in confusion, but before either of them could ask anything, Jane grabbed Gazel by the ear, and dragged him back to their seats. She would tighten her grip on his poor ear everytime he would complain. Gazel was struggling not to moan in pain, but after a few seconds of torture, a small moan escaped his mouth, and a bright, shade of red sprouted on his cheeks. Jane was stunned by the sudden event. Gazel took this golden chance, and grabbed her wrist; and before the teen girl knew it; her hand was no longer gripping the boy's ear.

Rubbing his red ear, with his left hand, he yelled, "Yeesh! What's with you?!"

      Jane kept glaring at the boy, a small flame visible in her eyes. She wanted an explanation. She knew that the silver-haired male was the person who answered all her phone calls, and who kept giving Xavier all the fake excuses. Gazel finally took notice of Jane's displeased face, and asked her plainly, "Seriously, what's with that pig face?".

      A small smirk could be seen emerging from his lips, and that just made Jane's face flush more with anger. He was acting normal. As if everything was the same, and above all that, he was teasing her of the first time in a while.
She was about to raise her other hand, and slap him across the face, but she took another deep breath, resting her hand on her lap. Gazel just stared at her, still holding her hand, waiting for her to calm down. The last thing he need was the young, teen girl throwing a tantrum in the small bus, but sadly his thoughts were cut out suddenly.

" YOU BIG IDIOT! WHO DO THINK YOU ARE?! CALLING ME A PIG! AND WHY DID YOU EVEN TOUCH MY PHONE?!", Jane finally blew up, and was shaking the boy's shoulders madly.

" YOU BIG IDIOT!!!!!", she repeated, shaking him even faster this time.

For a split second, Gazel thought he was about to throw up any second, if Torch and Leo died not hold  the mad girl back. Byron who was sitting in the back seat, stared at the group in disappointment, and mumbled, " Couples these days are so spoiled."