Running

"Breaking News, Jameson Bones was found in the restroom of a gas station. The person who found the body was his wife, a forty-five-year-old woman who drive down to see him at work after he wouldn't pick up his phone. She found him with his left arm hanging off his shoulder and blood covering the walls and bathroom floors. Security camera's in the store found footage of what looks like a young boy walking into the gas station's bathroom, leaving the bathroom, and then robbing the store. Police believe that he is the one guilty of the murder of Jameson the forty-six-year-old man. In other news, Toby Erin Rogers is still missing after killing seven students from the William High School."

-The TV was turned off. The girl turned around to her father who held the remote control in his hand. "I was watching that." The young girl said with a glare. "You need to stop watching that shit and start your homework." Her father's voice boomed. She rolled her eyes and slouched back into the sofa. He was always like this and she was sick of it, sick of this life. He changed since her mom and him got a divorce two months ago.

Ever since then her father was never the same, he was abusive and an alcoholic that always yelled at her.

"Hey, What's all the yelling about?" Her step-mother walked in while holding her two baby step-siblings. "I'm telling her to stop watching cartoons and start her god damn homework!" Her dad yelled. She turned around and glared at her father again, "It wasn't cartoons and it's Friday!" She yelled. "I don't care and you better watch yourself!" He pointed a finger at her. "Enough you two!" The mom yelled. Then the baby's started to cry, "Great, see what you did." The dad said annoyed.

The young girl felt her eyes start to water so she quickly stood up and went upstairs to her room. She slammed her door shut and grabbed her school backpack angrily and emptied all of the school supplies onto the floor. She started ripping all of her school papers in rage before breaking down and crying again for the fifth time this week. She was tired and needed to leave.

She walked over to her closet and pulled out her everyday outfit, a black shirt, a black sweatshirt, skinny blue jeans, and black Adidas. She pulled her (h/c) hair into a high ponytail revealing her puffy red eyes and red nose more clearly. She left her phone on her bed and stuffed her backpack with only her journal and a pencil just so she didn't have to leave empty-handed.

She walked back downstairs and rummaged through her step-moms purse that was on the dining room table and took out all of the cash in her wallet and stuffed it into one of her jean pockets. She then made her way to the front door, "I'm going out!" She yelled, "Where?!" Her father barked from the kitchen. He was probably drinking again and it only angered the girl more. "Outside!" She yelled annoyed, "No you're not!" He shouted. The girl looked at the door handle, Fuck it. She swung the door open and ran down the steps of the house.

She quickly sprinted down the street, hearing her name being called out from behind her. She quicken her pace and started turning the street corners, the cold wind was hitting her face as she ran. Freedom, She thought and continued to run wherever her feet were taking her. She smiled and looked up at the orange sky.

Freedom indeed.