Honesty

"Tonight we have reports of a young teenage girl by the name of (Y/n) (L/n), a seventeen-year-old girl that has been missing for the last twenty-four hours. Her parents say that she was last seen outside their house at six o'clock PM. She was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and black jeans. Her is a picture of the young girl."

They showed a school picture of you. Your
(h/c) hair was down while you smiled brightly at the camera, you were wearing a navy blue sweater.

"If you know anything about her whereabouts now then contact the police immediately, that's all for tonight folks."

- (Y/n) laid on the king-sized bed she shared with Toby. They were both quiet while staring at the white ceiling with the lamplight on. "What time is it?" She asked. Toby glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand beside him, "Two AM." He spoke. "Why can't we sleep?" She thought out loud. "I don't know." She felt the bed twitch when he responded. "Well, I'm going to the bathroom." She announced and swung her legs to the side of the bed and walked over to the bathroom and closed the door before locking it.

- Once she closed the door Toby sat up from the bed and let out a big puff of air. He rubbed his temple, what the hell am I doing? He thought to himself anxiously. He looked over at the backpack the girl owned and put on his sneakers, he grabbed the bag and swung it over his shoulder, he walked to the front door and twisted the door open but stopped. He heard soft weeping coming from the room, he turned his head towards the bathroom door and dropped his hand from the handle. He closed the front door and took the backpack off, he slowly walked over to the bathroom and put his ear to the door, listening closely.

The crying was soft but loud enough to hear from the otherside. Toby looked at the wooden door as if he could see right through it, he knocked twice on the door but received no answer. When he received no answer he was about to turn around and leave but before he could the door opened. He was face to face with (Y/n), her eyes red and her nose a hot pink. Toby looked down at the floor and rubbed the back if his neck, "Are you alright?" He twitched.

What a stupid question. The girl's voice was stuck in her throat, so instead of replying she sat on the bathroom floor with her knees pulled to her chest. Toby slowly hesitated but sat next to her with his knees pulled to his chest like her. "Who are you, really?" She suddenly chocked out, her voice sounded weak and she hated the way it sounded.

Toby looked at her but her eyes were closed as the tears trailed down her now pale looking face. Toby was shocked and he took a while to answer, "Um... What do you mean?" He twitched nervously. She wiped her runny nose with her purple sleeve, "Fine." She sniffed, "Don't tell me."

Toby became agitated by her question and his face went to sympathetic to angry, "Why do you care?" He asked. "It was just a question." She snapped at him. "Why? You don't trust me?" He raised her voice loudly at the fragile girl, She looked at him, "I never said that." She said sternly. "Then why did you ask in the first place?"

"Just forget it." She mumbled. Toby's hands quickly turned into fists, he stood up from the floor and looked down at her, "Fine. I'm a killer! Is that what you wanted to hear?!" He yelled making his voice bounce off the wall. She looked up at him, his body was basically shaking in anger and betrayal. His bushy brows were stitched together and his eyes were shooting daggers at her.

She stared back at him for a good minute waiting for him to do something, anything before she finally looked away and turned her attention to the creme colored wall in front of her, she rested her head in her arms. "Really?" He spat venom. "I'm leaving," Toby stated to get a reaction out of her but got nothing. His nose scrunched up in anger, he stomped out of the bathroom and slammed the door behind him making the whole room shake.

He took her backpack and left frustrated, he left the girl alone again. Alone, tired and depressed. She hugged herself tighter, her chest felt cramped as more sparkly tears spilled from her eyes.

-Toby walked back to the park where they first met. The orange street lights illuminated his figure as he took out his hatchet and immediately started swinging at the trees violently. He swung and swung at the bark of the trees until chunks of bark started to peel off. He only stopped his long tantrum once both of his hands and arms started to feel sore. He started to take control of his heavy breathing and looked at all of the trees that he had now marked.

He shoved the hatchet back into the bag and noticed a black leather journal inside, He rose an eyebrow and sat on one of the parks benches. He pulled out the journal from the backpack and started to flip through the pages that were filled with countless amounts of sketches and notes.

A small smile formed on his face as he noticed how all of the sketches were different and unique in a way he couldn't understand. He soon reached the last page of a sketch and froze. It was a quick sketch of a boy that looked just like him with a note on the bottom in cursive.

A new partner.

His heart leaped out of his chest and his smile grew but then his smile dropped and that good feeling in his chest quickly disappeared. He looked up at the dark night sky and pulled his knees to his chest.

(Y/n) looked up at the ceiling.

"Fuck." They both said.

"What have I done?"