Time of Death

[Teen Wolf; Beacon Hills Hospital]

Stiles closed his eyes and he could still hear it.

He could hear the sound of his Father's last breathes, he could hear his Father's last words-as though he were still here, saying them to Stiles just before he had died in his embrace.

"Time of death, 14:00."

. . .

[Supernatural; The Bunker]

Sam looked up from his laptop-the most he had moved within the hour-and watched as Dean slid into the bunker's main room, his steps unsure. Tiredly, he took the coffee that rested beside Sam, the mug half full, and took a swig of it as though it were a beer-the taste, bitter and cold. "You okay?" Sam asked, ignoring the looted coffee Dean drank.

"Yeah, fine." Dean said, the infamous lie he'd told his brother nearly a thousand times, so rehearsed it made Sam almost believe him. Almost. Dean sat beside his brother, his eyes strained on the liquid he held in a paper cup. "Aside from being constantly astounded by the bunker, wondering if Kevin's ass is still alive and not knowing jack squat on how Cas got out out purgatory." Dean answered, his tone eerily calm. "I'm fine."

Sam, pushing his laptop away, sighed. "Dean, it isn't your fault he chose to stay behind. He must have had a reason or... or something." The faithfulness in his brother's voice, in his eyes, it made Dean envy him; though, he'd never admit it. Dean, falling back against the seat as though his body had grown be completely numb, replied, "I could have pulled him out. I just- I just don't know why he didn't try harder."

"Then ask him, Dean." His brother answered, as if it truly were that simple.

Dean, looked to his brother too long for it to be considered a moment, before he turned away. "Maybe if he'd ever show up, I would." Dean stood, his balance unsteady still despite the caffeine. As Dean had begun to walk away, despite his brothers calling, Dean could hear a soft sound, echoing in the room; it was only when Dean recognized the sound, that he turned to face Sam again.

"Who is calling you from our private cell?" Dean asked, sounding more awake than he had before.

Sam held out the blackberry phone, his eyes narrowing as he read the Caller ID. "I don't know," he admitted awkwardly. "But it has a California area code."

"California?" The eldest Winchester asked, walking beside Sam. "Answer it."

Nodding, Sam held the phone to his ear, watching Dean intently as he spoke. "Hello?"

"Hi, um, is this John Winchester?" A feminine voice spoke from the other line.

"No, this is Sam. Sam Winchester, his son."

"Oh, uh, is he there? May I speak with him?"

Sam, looking to his brother momentarily. "Joh Winchester died, ma'am."

The other line fell silent for a moment. "My name is Melissa, Melissa McCall. I am a nurse at Beacon Hills Hospital, do you know a man by the name Noah Stilinski?"

"Stilinski?" Sam curtly glanced at his brother, "It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Why?"

"Wait," Dean said, leaving the room hurriedly. Stilinski. The name was at the tip of his tongue; he didn't know where, or how he'd come across such name. He could remember black ink, with the name 'Stilinski" scribbled across the page in the handwriting of-

"Dad's journal!"

From the main room, Sam could hear his brothers voice, drifting in the air like a thick fog. asSam's lips parted to call out his brothers name, Dean re-entered the room; John's diary held in a tight grip as Deans eyes swarmed across the pages until he finally chanted: "Here!"

"It's a diary entry," Sam recalled, taking the book from the hunter. "August 8, 1996..." Sam read aloud-Melissa still held silent from the other line-"Leaving a child, your child, may be one of the hardest things a Father will face. Especially knowing that you will watch your flesh and blood take hist first steps, never hear his voice, or celebrate his first birthday, or any, for that matter. But, failing your child, as I have failed Sam and Dean, is unbearable. That is why I am leaving him, so he may have the life I couldn't give them or myself. Noah Stilinski is a kind man, and Claudia will be a wonderful Mother to him; and Beacon Hills? Perhaps that will be- could be, the Winchester Paradise one day. Maybe one day, I will return, and see all three of my children, together. Happy. Safe."

Dean stared at the pages, unblinkingly. "Flesh and blood?" He looked to Sam for the first time since he'd opened the journal, "Son? Dad- he, he has another son? What does this mean?"

Sam looked at Dean, pitifully. "Dean, this means we have another brother."