Chest Infections

Chest infections are some of the worse infections, and usually the most painful. In shadowclan some medicone cats give the infected cat a poisonous herb to send them to Starclan quicker

Whitecough and greencough are the most common chest infections known to the Clan cats. Whitecough is the milder form, but if untreated, it can develop into the much more severe greencough. Cats usually catch it during leaf-fall and leaf-bare, and sometimes it develops into large-scale epidemics. It can be fatal for elders and kits, and it has claimed the lives of many cats. It spreads quickly and is highly contagious.

Medicine cats treat it using Catmint. The first thunderclan medicine cat, cloudspots, found out that this was the best remedy If fevers accompany the cough, tansy or borage is used as well.

In Into the wild, a disease named kitten-cough is mentioned.RunningNose tells about an herb used to cure it, though it has disappeared since twolegs came to the forest.

In Moonrise, Mothwing mentions blackcough as a form of chest infection.

In mothflights vision, Mica mentions that redcough was an illness in the farm where a cat coughed up blood. It is also mentioned by Thunderstar in ThuderStar's echo.

In thunder and shadow, a disease by the name of yellowcough infects and kills several cats in ShadowClan, and is curable only by a plant named lungwort. It causes a loss of appetite, fever, difficulty breathing, delirium, and sore throats