Because I need you now

A few days had passed. Gayeon's parents were already home and her college vacation were over. Bogum had come to visit with Jaehyun as her mother requested. It wouldn't be easy since the child wasn't comfortable with everyone at the house, especially Gayeon's mother, as she would be the "nanny" for a few days. Without giving much news, Jaehyun's father only confirmed that he would return home in a month. For a few moments, Gayeon had vague thoughts that her relationship with Jaehyun was coming to an end. During this past week, both he and Yuta were acting strange. Gradually Jaehyun seemed to move farther away, Yuta on the other hand, getting closer. For some reason, her heart felt sore. The idea of being like back in the days of junior high with Jaehyun was horrible.

Gayeon was walking around the square looking for any store that was hiring when she came across Winwin and Johnny, both laughing in a coffee shop. With not much effort, she called their attention and smiled waving. In a gesture with their hands, Johnny and Sicheng invited her to join them. Taking advantage of the place, she offered herself to the job that was available in the cafeteria for waitresses. Soon after, she approached the table the two was and sat next to them.

"Walking alone? "Johnny handed the menu "You can order whatever you like, my treat."

"Really?!" she smiled asking for a small milkshake "Wah, it's so hot, thank you Johnny, I really needed something refreshing."

"That's nothing" he laughed.

"Gwiyomi, are you looking for a job?" Winwin called her attention to him.

"It's a long story, but I'll tell you."

In the simplest and most understandable way possible, Gayeon explained the whole situation that involved her with Bogum and Jaehyun. Both the boys were not very surprised, since more than a half of the history they knew.

"Your mother must be very kind to accept!" Johnny smiled taking a spoonful of his caramel and vanilla sundae to his lips.

"If it was mine, she was going to say no and end of the story" after a sip in his pineapple juice, Winwin made Johnny laugh.

"Yeah... I'm surprised she accepted it, too. That's why I need a job. But looking on the bright side, if I work, I can be more independent."

"Oh, how mature she is, right Winwin? If you go on like this, I'm going to fall in love" with a gasp the younger one denied Johnny's words staring at him indignantly.

"Don't even think about it" Sicheng turned his attention to Gayeon who was drinking her milkshake calmly "Gwiyomi likes someone else" this time she was the one who almost died choking.

"Ooooooh!" Johnny looked curious as he smiled as if he knew who Winwin was referring to.

"No! I don't like anyone that way..." she started confident, but her voice was diminishing slowly.

"Of course not" Winwin ironically chuckled.

"Now I remembered something funny" Johnny tapped lightly on the table.

"What?" Gayeon asked trying to make them forget about her love life.

"When Jaehyun was younger, he had a giant platonic crush in a girl from school. He made a face like you just did when we said we knew" Winwin confirmed the story "But like I said, it was platonic, because all the girls liked Yuta and because they were friends, Jaehyun gave up. Poor kid."

"Now it seems like he's doing the same thing" Winwin sighed, leaning back against the padded bench they were on.

"What would you do in that situation Winwin?" the older one at the table smiled.