Chapter 1

Castrene Rose Dawson

Opening my locker, I pulled out my uniform which is a black short dress and went to change. I didn't applied any makeup since it's dark in the club and my boss is really generous to accept me here. I owe him a lot. 

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed and ran my fingers along my brown hair. I look like a slut, heck, I even feel like a slut sometimes. I just wish that I can graduate already and run away from this hell hole.

Messing my hair a little bit, I plastered a smile, looking at myself. A fake smile, that is. But I have no right to complain about my lifestyle right now. The salary sustains my need and it provides me a house to stay in. 

I already tried applying in cafes, restaurant and companies but no one hired me since I'm still undergraduate. That's when I met Frank, I remind her of his daughter, he said. He lost him when she was only fourteen, he gave me a job even though it's in this club, I'm truly thankful.

My job is just to serve the customers and sometimes, I dance too but in a private room. Frank makes sure that no one touches me. That's why I feel safe here, working in an environment like this but sometimes, I can't avoid being groped or cat whistled and that's what I hate the most. It makes me feel cheap and disgusted by myself.

"Castrene, Frank called for you." Louisa said and left the door ajar.

I looked at myself once more and stood up. My head started to think what Frank wants. My eyebrows knitted together as I walked in the hallways, leading to his office. I knocked three times and pushed the door slightly, pushing my head inside, Frank raised his head and smiled at me.

I smiled back and made my way towards his desk. I slumped my ass against the chair which is the most comfortable thing inside his office. I sighed in content as he chuckled at me. Asking him why I'm here, his face completely turned serious as I straightened my back.

"Rose, I need you in the VIP room." He said as he fiddled his fingers uncomfortably, making me smile at his nervousness.

"Okay." I said and he looked at me with a smile but the nervousness behind the smile made my smile fade slightly. He looked at me with guilt as I matched it with my suspicious gaze.

"Rose, it's not just a simple dance. He wants a strip and lap dance, you can't do that." He frantically said as I gasped slightly. I've never done any strip or lap dance. All I've done is just a simple dance, swaying my hips and touching my body, that's it.

I know he's not telling me something as I crossed my arms and looked at him suspiciously. He could have said no to the client but why did he tell me? Watching him being edgy, I know something's not right.

"B-But already paid me twenty thousand dollars!" My eyes widened as I looked at Frank. 

I know that the club is already having a financial problem and as I looked at Frank, I know that he didn't want me to do it. My head started to hurt as I weighted the choices. Should I? Frank helped me a lot, he gave shelter to me. 

He's been nothing but generous to me and now that his entire business is in great crisis, what should I do? I owe him a lot. His eyes are silently pleading me, hoping that I'll accept it. Even though he didn't say it, I know he's hoping. Watching as his eyes lit up when I smiled, I know I made the right choice.

"It's okay, Frank." I said and was engulfed in a tight embrace as I smiled and patted his back. He grinned at me as I chuckled.

"Thank you so much, Rose! I swear I'll make sure that he will not touch you." He said seriously as I smiled and tucked my hair.