14

Nic entered the activity hall and found Richard seated on a chair with his head on the table, his chewy was on the floor. She picked up the chewy and put it on the table.

"Hmm..bakit parang mainit yung braso mo? Okay ka lang?" Nic had put the chewy close to Richard's face so she felt his warm breath when he exhaled.

"Nahihilo ako. Ang init ng mata ko. Nic, thank you sa pagpulot ng chewy ko."

Richard moaned, but the music in the activity hall was a little loud so Hanz nor anyone else could really hear Richard. Plus, Richard enjoyed "singing" so Hanz thought he was just singing.

Richard put the chew toy in his mouth and began chewing on it for a while. He closed his eyes because a wave of pain came to him. He was feeling nauseous.

Nic just watched Richard for a while, standing beside the table after putting Richard's chewy beside him. She then sat down across from him. Richard had one arm extended where his rested his head and Nic copied him. His other hand held the chewy to his mouth. Nic took her chewy and bit on it as well. Then, surprisingly, she wiggled her fingers and reached for Richard's fingers. She moved her hand so it was on Richard's hand.

"Anong nararamdaman mo?"

"Nahihilo ako. Ang init init ng mga mata ko."

"May sakit ka? Ang init ng kamay mo. Teka, nasaan si Hanz? Hanz, si Richard o, mainit." Nic had her hand on Richard's hand for about a minute. She sat up as she looked at Richard who was now moving his head from side to side. She made a sound to catch the others' attention. Richard groaned a little more then, he coughed. He held the table with his hand, bent forward and vomited on the floor. The vomiting caused him to feel anxious that he began to cry. Hanz heard Nic so he approached Richard and rubbed Richard's back while consoling him. Steven, Jerald's caregiver, put a trashcan in front of Richard. June moved Nic to her "corner".

"Ang init mo!" Hanz said as he put his hand on Richard's forehead. Richard vomited a second time amidst his crying. After a while, his pajama top was wet with sweat and vomit.

Hanz guided Richard to his room so that he could be changed. Richard vomited a third time just as they stepped out of the activity hall. With the help of Marco, Hanz gave Richard a bath and changed his clothes. When Richard was lying in bed, Hanz took his temperature and the thermometer registered 38.6. Richard whimpered.

"Cold"

Hanz put socks on Richard and covered him with a blanket when Richard curled up on his bed. He also applied a fever patch on Richard's forehead. Hanz tried to recall Richard's activities that may have caused his fever.

"Anong nangyari sa yo? Bakit ka may fever?"

"Nagising ako kanina na medyo nahihilo. Nung isang araw, iba yung pakiramdam ko nung nag-play tayo sa labas."

"Haching ka ng haching nung nag-play tayo sa playground. Gusto ko yung swing. Pero di ako pwede mapagod kasi hihikain ako. Nakita ko ikaw, gustong gusto mo yung slide."

"Napawis ako dun sa slide. Ang bagal ni Andy umakyat at bumaba. Pero, nakakahilo din dun sa ikot-ikot (merry go round). Nakita mo si Andeng, di makalakad ng direcho pagkatapos umikot dun."

"Sana okay ka na bukas. Nami-miss ko yung pag-sing mo...favorite song ko yung "Yellow"...yung sa Coldplay.."

"Gusto ko mag sing..and dance...yung Baby Shark. Ahh..ang sakit ng ulo ko."

"Sumuka ka ulit? Nakita ko sina Kuya Roy na may dalang mop at newspaper e."

"Gusto ko na kumain ng rice and sabaw ulit. Ayoko na ng lugaw. Walang lasa."

"Kumain ako ng honey stars and koko krunch. Gusto mo?"

"Favorite food ko, sinigang. Ikaw? Anong favorite food mo?"

"Gusto ko magpasyal. Gusto ko maglakad sa labas."

"Gusto ko makakita ng madaming stars. Madaming stars sa gabi."

"Nagpakita ng book si Miss Amy kanina tungkol sa stars? Ano yun? Takot ako sa dilim."

"Pag tumingin tayo sa sky sa gabi, may stars."

"Ano yung stars?"

=       =      =       =      =      =       =      =

a/n:

Yes, Nic held/touched Richard's hand. She INITIATED the movement. "Luckily", no one else saw or noticed this.

Their "conversation" is purely 'accidental'. They are not really talking to each other. Remember, both Nic and Richard are non-verbal and "communicate" more by moaning and groaning.