Chapter 28 - Without Any Mercy

Dylan Lemiere

I stopped when I saw Blane and Lauren. I walked backwards and got out from the room right away. I admitted that it was my fault not claiming her right away. I was so stupid to not realize it sooner. I can't stand to see Lauren and Blane in one place. All I want is to fly my fist to his fucking face.

I saw Blane walk out from the room and because I hid myself behind the wall. He doesn't know that I'm here. There's a meeting in the Lemiere clan today and I got here early to talk to Lauren because she's one of the presentator today.

I walked inside the room and saw her looking at the presentation file on the screen.

"You'll do good, don't be nervous." I said and she turned to me.

"Thanks.." She said and I sat at the front line looking at her. She's so beautiful with her hair pulled into a pony tail. The way she scrunch her forehead when she's thinking and then the way she smiles after she solves the problem. I love it.

To be honest, after our kissed and the times that we spent together.. I know my feelings. The reason why I hate to admit it because I don't have the confidence to make her happy. I was so afraid that I might hurt her. She's not a random girl, she's Lauren. I can't and will never see her as a random or an ordinary girl because she's special in everyway.

When she broke up with Blane, I saw her at her lowest point and I don't want to see that again. I don't want to see her cry because I hurt her. That's what I'm avoiding.

I didn't know that by avoiding and denying my feelings hurting her more. I thought we can forget our feelings and continue this life like nothing happen but apparently we can't do that. I dreamt about her a thousand times and I can't get her out of my head.

Now.. I want her for myself. I hate seeing her with other man but I don't have the confidence that I can make happy either. I hate to know if I'm the reason behind her tears. I hate it. I won't forgive myself for that but at the same time I want to be selfish and just try it.

When she avoided me, it made me realize a lot more in everyway. I miss her. Not seeing her making me crazy. When Nial came in the picture, I was angry and hate the fact that he's with Lauren. Add the cheating scene.. I mean he's not exactly cheating because Nial and Lauren never dated.

And then Blane came along.. I hate Nial but I want to kill Blane. He might be my friend but I want to kill him so bad. Everytime seeing him with Lauren, it felt like Lauren is cheating when the fact she's not. Gosh.. I'm crazy.

I like her and it makes me crazy.

We might not spend time a lot together after that kiss but we both know our feelings grow. We've been friends since forever and we know each other too well and it's not weird for me to develop this feelings but my problem is just.. can I make her happy? I never been in a real relationship before. I always have an on and off or just a sleeping terms kinda relationship.

She's Lauren.. that's why.

"You okay?" Lauren suddenly asked making me go back to the real life.

"Just thinking about us." I said and I looked straight into her eyes. She looked outside right away.

"He went away." I said and sighed. I got up from my seat and walked to her.

"Don't." She took a step back.

"I'm.. sorry" I said and I looked into her eyes.

"You should have said that sooner." She said in a small tone. I nodded lightly and reached out my hand to hold hers. I looked at it and caressed it lightly.

"I'm sorry." I said once again.

"I hate the fact that you always break my heart but in the end.. I always choose you." She said in a small tone.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won-"

"I'm back with Blane now, let's just be friends. Isn't that what you always wanted?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want it anymore. I was scared and afraid that I will hurt you like Blane did. I don't have the confidence to be with you, Lauren. You're not just a random girl that I hook up at the club.. or I randomly flirt with. You're special. I'm a Lemiere and we're suck at expressing love at some point.. I'm sorry." I said and she pushed my hand away.

"It's not fair for Blane, I gave him a chance to fix it."

"Lauren.. I have your hea-"

"You don't need to say it, I know that. I already gave it to you, I know that so well.. I just.. It's nor fair for Blane." She said and I sighed nodding.

"Don't make me kill you, Lemiere. She's my girl." I turned to the door to see Blane standing there looking at me coldly.

"Blane.." Lauren warned.

"Why? You're defending him now?" Blane asked Lauren in an angry tone.

"1.5 years, Blane. You left her with distance and time as your reasons.. Suddenly you comeback to take her back. Do you even care about her feelings? She cried.. got drunk.. and do a lot of things to get over you. I'm the one who picked up those pieces! Do you think I will let you break her again?" I bursted angrily at him as I walked slowly to him. Blane was ready to punch me but Lauren stood in front of Blane.

"That's enough, Dylan." Lauren said.

"He left you 1.5 years ago and you're defending him?"

"You did the same thing.. you hurted me too. You hurted me even worse." She said in a small tone and my breath got hitch.

"Go." She said and I walked out from the room completely burn in anger. If you dare to hurt Lauren, I will kill you without any mercy, Blane Samuel.