1- Back from Paradise

2 weeks later

Elena's POV

The last two weeks have been absolutely, undeniably, perfect. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to spend two weeks just solely being with Stefan, I've missed spending so much time with him. It was nice to give him my full, undivided attention for once and equally receive his in return. I think we've let everything get a little bit out-of-control recently and haven't allowed ourselves to spend much alone time with one another. However, after spending such an amazing honeymoon together I can guarantee that we'll make sure to improve upon this.

Now, back to reality. We're standing outside the airport's south entrance with our bags, waiting for Stefan's dad to arrive since he also offered to pick us up and take us home. The plan is to drop off our bags at home and drive to my mum's house so that we can pick Layla up. Just thinking about the fact that we'll see Layla in an hour's time makes my heart race at, what feels like, a thousand beats a minute. "I can't wait to see her." He knows exactly who I'm talking about and I can guarantee he's thinking the same, we've barely been able to hide our excitement.
"Me neither, I've missed her."
I smirk at him. "Daddy can't stand to be away from his daughter."
He takes my hand in his, squeezing it comfortingly. "More like he can't stand to be away from his family, period."
Before I can reply, a familiar car pulls in and stops a few meters in front of us, and not too long after both of Stefan's parents emerge from the car.
"Hiya!" Lilly calls from the other side of the car, making her way towards us, and smiles at the two of us.
"Hey! Long time no see," Stefan replies before she brings him into a hug, swiftly followed by me. I hadn't noticed that Giuseppe was packing the car with our luggage until I felt the weight of the suitcase move out of my grip and into his.
"So, how was it? How was Australia? Did you like it? What was the weather like? I mean, I checked the weather forecast but you know how unreliable they can be." Sounding like an exact replica of Caroline, she begins to bombard us with questions to the point where Giuseppe starts to usher us into the car, mentioning that he can't be parked here for too long.

Once we're in the car, she turns in the front passenger seat to look at us both, a grin taking over her face. "So tell me, how was it?"
"Absolutely incredible," I smile. I lean back in my seat. "But equally very tiring."
She laughs a little and her gaze flicks between the two of us as if she's watching a tennis match rally. "So I take it you both opted for the adventurous honeymoon rather than the chilled-out one?"
"Absolutely. You can't just sit in a hotel room when you're in Australia," Stefan replies.
She smiles at this before looking towards Giuseppe. "Maybe we should go to Australia."
"We can look into it," he replies. Giuseppe's never been a very enthusiastic traveller, so I could tell 'looking into it' won't be a top priority for him.
"I would 100% recommend it," I reply. 
She smiles at the two of us. "I bet you can't wait to see Layla now, huh?"
"Elena hasn't stopped thinking about her."
"Neither have you," I point out defensively with a smirk.
"From what your mum has told me, she seems to have missed you both as well," Lilly says.
"Bless her," I say. "I can't wait to give her hug."
Although, it turns out I won't have to wait much longer since I look out the window to see that we're now turning into our driveway.
"I'll help with your bags," Lilly says before practically leaping out of the car.
Stefan turns to me. "Home sweet home." I nod in reply before placing a small kiss on his lips. We thank both of his parents for bringing us home before we gratefully take our bags from them. I say 'we' but Stefan takes most of them, for a reason that we can't verbally discuss just yet. Lilly makes us promise that we'll come over to theirs in the next couple of days and tell them all about the honeymoon, and when she has our word, and only then, does she get into the car with Giuseppe and they begin to drive off.
As we're waving the two of them off, Stefan drops a kiss on my temple and entwines our fingers together. "Let's go and get our daughter."