The reoccuring dream!

Paige's p.o.v.

~ I was young again. A toddler. I looked around me, being somewhere far from earth . My home planet. There was a man in the corner of the room watching over me. I do now know this man. I saw him approaching me as I'm sitting up right in my bed . As he came closer I could see his long black hair that fell right to his shoulders ., he sat down beside me and looked at me with a soft smile. I felt his bright green eyes piercing right through me into the depths of my soul. He never said a word to me . His hand came up and gently touched my forehead as my vision was no longer my own . I saw visions of a future my future . With the man before me . Short clips of our bodies tangled together ., kisses ., marriage ., it stood out like a bright flame a love for one another . The hot fierce kind, but also the slow romantic one that everyone Longs to have in this world. The greatest kind of love.

Soon the visions stopped . We still looked into each other's eyes . I was very started and confused. People my age don't really know what to do in a situation like this .. all I knew is I felt safe but filled with so many unanswered question.

The man was the first to break contact as my mother entered the room . The room moved slowly as she took in what exactly was happening . The room began to move in a fast pace as I heard my mother yell at the man.
"You imprinted on my daughter !?"
She was with rage as she walked towards him my father lingering behind her . The man quickly stood up raising his hands in defense
"Mrs.k. I do apologize, but you know imprinting works . You know I have no control .. everyone knows if it's their soul mate just by a single touch and the visions and feeling that come out of it .. it's what the universe wants "
The room grew quite as she thought knowing he was right about his words , after some time she calmly spoke
" Of course Loki , but she is only a child"
With that said they both turned and looked at me , I felt my face flush unsure of how to make this situation as I look down fiddling with my blankets
Loki looked at my mother as he spoke
" I am aware. I promise to keep my distance .. and she won't see me again till she is of age ."
My mother and father gave each other one look before looking at Loki and nodding giving their approval as they head out of the room.
Loki leans down kissing the top of my head placing a black shiny stone into my hand whispering
" keep this safe, don't loose it. I'll come back for it .. until then, take care my lovely princess"
And just like that everything was gone.

I instantly jerk out of bed sitting up right my alarm going off in the distance sweat sticking to my body . I lean over turning my alarm clock off and rub my face as I sit there thinking about the dream I just had .. this dream was familiar. I've seen it millions of times ..

I open the drawer to my night stand and pulls out a black notebook with loose papers almost falling out of it . I set it in my lap opening the few pages as I see my drawings .. all my drawing which contain the man in my dreams .. I brush my fingers over the paper letting out a deep sigh . Every time I try to forget him or anything related.. the dream comes back.
Did it mean anything ? Was it real ?
Every time I get this dream all these unanswered questions pop into my head always thinking they may never be unanswered.
The thing that strikes me the most about this dream apart from him and how real it feels .. is that the stone he gave me in the dream is displayed on top of my dresser .

I have no memories of how I obtained this object . But yet here it is .. the black stone .
Most days it stays the color black .. but most times there's a metallic purple swirling around inside of the stone . But the rarest color I've seen was orange . It revealed that color almost twice in all the years I remember of having it .
Till this day I still don't understand what any of the colors mean or if there even is a meaning behind it all.

I put the journal away and stand up yawning as I stretch to the ceiling , walking into the bathroom I take a quick shower trying to remember last night as it was all a blur . Apart from the dream. Last night was my 21st birthday . I laugh to myself at the thought of not remembering most things that occurred .
I get out and dry off , brushing my long black hair that reaches my upper back , I throw it into a quick braid , adding makeup , brushing my teeth , throwing in basic clothing as I check the time seeing how I'm running a bit late .

I pull the stone from its case putting it in my pocket and grabbing my journal and purse . Running out my apartment door and down the flight of stairs , hopping into my car I set my things in the passenger seat and starts driving to the Washington federation building.

Normally I don't bring my notebook or my stone . But this evening after work I'm visiting my parents at their house near lake footwearth. My mother knew about my stone . But last year she found my journal while visiting me and when she was what was inside she's been a little strange towards me .. and I'm very uncertain about why she needs me to bring these things, but later after I show up my best friends and their parents are suppose to show up for a weekend party.

I pull up into a parking spot near the front doors and I get out bringing my purse . I walk into the building as it's the second largest sky scraper in our city .
"Hello Paige ." The main desk clerk said.
"Hey Miranda ! Ready for the weekend ?"
"Yeah I'm going out of town with my boyfriend , any plans for you ?"
I walked near the counter so we weren't practically yelling across the room
"Nothing really, might go to the movies with my friends . But mainly staying home . Be safe on your trip. I'll talk to you later I'm in a bit of a hurry ." I tell her sliding her $5 as I owed her a coffee and made my way to the elevator
"Thank you Paige !"
Was all I heard her say before the elevator went up to level 23 .
The elevator doors opened as I walked out and turned by the wall where the water fountain is and slides my card clocking in for my shift. This room was made up of different office cubicles that are grouped into fours and  luckily my life long friends got the same cubicles in the four office section.
I walk over after grabbing a banana by the side table of the water fountain.
My friends stand up and wave at me
"About damn time you showed up." Tyler spoke out to me.
I laughed at him shaking my head
"Oh shut up ty" I sit down at my desk as Hailee raised her eyebrow
"How do you feel party head?" She asked
I tilted my head side to side thinking about it
"I feel okay I guess. "
"You partied way to much last night" my other friend Amy said as we all just laughed in agreement as we all parties way to hard .
Our laugher was cut short as the boss walked in and walked the cubicles to see if we were working before entering his own office shutting the blinds .
"Are you ready for this afternoon?" Amy asked
"What's this afternoon?" I spoke as I've forgotten.
"Are you kidding ? It's what the entire world has been talking about! The opening of the portal to another galaxy" Tyler spat out .
My eyes going wide as I nod instantly remembering .
"Oh yes of course ! We might have to leave work at lunch time to see it and make it back for tonight ." I said as they all nodded the entire room on edge for this afternoon.

A couple years ago some scientists have been working on certain wave patterns and he received a message from an unknown source saying this portal will open at a certain time . 12:30 in today's day . In our city park with it a 20 minute drive to get too. But the entire world will be watching this event as how big of an event it will be . Everyone was told there was going to be this queen that we could line up to meet her , and of course with our society they sold tickets up to billions of dollars to be the first to go through the portal. Which meant for me and my friends. We couldn't be meeting the queen . We could just be on the side lines watching.

The morning went by extremely slow as we waited for the afternoon to come.
Once it hit lunch time everyone rushed to the elevator as me and my friends took our time going to the clock in system scanning out badges and clocking out for the rest of the day. Something you shouldn't do but for today we all could careless .
We got out of the federal building and walked across the street to a Mexican fast food place . And we walked in and stood in line deciding what we want to eat as the line grew shorter not being a huge line to begin with.
"Do you think it's real ?" Amy asked out of know where
"You mean.. the portal.. I'm not sure but everyone is so hyped up about it . And it would be the best revolutionary thing to happen " Hailee said as we nodded.
I go up to the register ordering a burrito.
Paying and stepping aside as everyone else orders filling my drink as I take a seat by a window . Waiting in my friends .
The walked over to the table and sat down .

As our numbers were being called we got up and grabbed our food and headed out side .
Tyler was skipping as I was kicking rocks. While we walked to the nearest bus station knowing it would be impossible to get a parking spot down there .
The bus took about 45 minutes to show up so we spent that time eating and talking about random things .
We boarded the bus sitting near the back as it drove towards the park . Checking the time as we were cutting it extremely close .