3

'Mr. President, sir, we're here.'

He awoke suddenly, his head pounding. He rubbed his eyes roughly, putting his hands through his hair to neaten it up. He glanced at the three bottles of scotch he had drunken from a couple hours before, rubbing his head and regretting the consequences. He looked out the window, watching as the chopper came down into his new home. It was a huge home for one person.

Because it wasn't for one person.

It was for them.

Their dream, their babies, her making jam, and him being mayor. It's all he ever wanted. It's all she ever wanted.

Maybe he wasn't good enough for her. Maybe she had a better life in D.C. with Mellie, helping her along the way with her 'Presidential duties', as she called them.

Maybe, it wasn't her dream at all.

Every where he looked, a tiny memory of her came across him.

'Don't sell it.' There was hope. This was for them, and only them.

They needed their happily ever after.

He slowly walked out of the chopper, a bottle of scotch in his hand. He saluted the pilot, thanking him for the flight, and walked into the front door of his new home. He slid the key into the slot, opening the massive door. He glanced around the humongous home, reminiscing over the one night they had together in this place.

They're place.

He ripped a cloth off of one of the couches, plopping down on it. He grabbed the weekly newspaper off of the loads of unpacked boxes, reading the front cover.

President Grant And Olivia Pope share a passionate kiss before leaving the White House: More to come?

He grabbed the newspaper frustratedly, chucking it and watching the papers scatter across the room. He grabbed his bottle of scotch, taking a long swig and feeling his insides burning in the process.

————

Olivia entered the White House, smelling the familiar scent that she had yearned to smell after so long. She strutted throughout, knowing her way around every corner. She knew how to do it with her eyes closed. She wasn't a rookie.

She grabbed the knob on the door, opening it slowly.

'Madam President?'she asked softly, entering the room. It was empty, almost as if it was missing something. Something felt...different. Unknown.

Him.

She couldn't stop thinking about him, about that kiss, about what it meant.

But she had made her decision. Her life was here, with Mellie.

The first fucking female president of the United States!.

How badass did that sound?