Hybrids - Chapter One

Yes, I'm restarting the book despite me saying I wasn't. Also Ross is a fox hybrid now. Not a squirrel or whatever he was. Also everyone is together. It's not gonna be where there are two groups.

Max's POV
------

I was laying in my cubby hole, doing absolutely nothing. I really should get up, but I don't feel like it. (Same Max. Same) I don't think the others will mind if I sleep in for a few more minutes. I close my eyes and start to drift into slumber, but then something crashes from outside.

I jolt awake and quickly get out of my bed. I leave my room and peek outside to see what's going on. I step outside to see Jess and Adam on the ground, fighting.

"What is going on here?!" I shout. I was trying to sleep! They dare wake me up with all this pettiness?!

"We're seeing who is the stronger wolf!" Adam exclaims.

"Ya! I'm winning of course! The winner is gunna fight Nick," Jess explains.

"Hey Max! We should fight to see who is the stronger fox!" Ross suggests. I walk over to everyone so we wouldn't have to yell across the room.

"No," I tell them simply. I don't want to physically hurt Ross.

Ross starts giving me puppy dog eyes, "please~?!"

"Absolutely not," I answer. It's hard to resist Ross's puppy dog eyes.

"Please~?!" He begs with the puppy dog eyes.

I give up, "fiiine!!!!"

He jumps in joy. "Let's just do it already. I want to go back to sleep!" I complain.

"Oh? Ross and Mad Max are going to fight?" Red asks as he and Barney leave their cubby and comes over to where we all are.

"Yup," I say angrily. I'll kill Red after the fight and after I take a nap.

"Yo Cory, Nick! Ross and Max are gonna fight to see who is stronger!" Red shouts at the direction where Nick and Cory's cubby is.

Cory and Nick poke their heads out of their cubby. "Really? Max is going to fight Ross?" Nick asks. Red nods. Cory and Nick leave their cubby and walk to the rest of us.

Shelby seems to have heard everything since she leaves her cubby and joins the rest of us.

"Max and Ross are seriously going to fight?" She asks.

"Ye! And I'm going to beat Max!" Ross says with determination (DETERMINATION!!!) laced in his voice.

"Good luck with that, bud." I tell him and pat him on the back.

"If we had money I would bet $10 on Ross!" Cory shouts.

"I'm with Cory!" Red exclaims in agreement.

"Max is obviously gonna win," Jess says.

"Ya, how is Ross going to win? Max is so much stronger than him," Adam says.

"Not true! I'm stronger!" Ross complains.

"How about we just start so we can end this quicker? I'm tired and I don't feel like dealing with this. (Same Max. Max is now my soul animal)

Ross nods and gets into a weird fighting position. I just sigh and stand up straight. I'm sure I can take Ross. Like seriously, I'm going to win so easily. (Don't get cocky, Max)

"I'll be referee!" Adam shouts and gets in between Ross and I.

"Ok? Ready, Set, Go!" Adam shouts and runs out of the center to everyone else.

Since I'm going easy on Ross, I let him take the first strike. I expect him to do something stupid, but am shocked when Ross runs at me and full on tackles me to the ground.

My head bashes on the ground and I start to feel pain going through my head. I feel liquid around my head. Is someone bleeding? Everything is fuzzy. I can't see anyone. Where did everyone go? Why does everything hurt? I only see blurry outlines and I only feel pain. I hear people. They're yelling someone's name. I can't hear what they're saying if they're saying anything. More blurry outlines are in my vision. Everything is too dizzy. The ringing in my ear is too loud to hear what the shouts are shouting. I see an outline. It looks like Ross. I reach my hand out to him, but it falls. I can't move my hand. I can't move anything. I close my eyes and let the darkness consume me. I'm sorry.

Hope you like this chapter. I wanted to make a chapter that reflects my mood so you can only guess how I'm feeling when I wrote this chapter. Anyways have fantabulous day.

Crystal Out!