Living in the Lap of Luxury (a Drake Christopher CatchingYourClouds fan fiction)

CHAPTER 1:

"You know, you don't have to go. It's not to late to re-start college you know right?" My mother pleaded as I yank my headphones out on my ear to hear what she had to say.

"I know, but I really feel like this is something I want to do mum." I half-whisper.

"Yes but all the way to America? You could just go on Britain's Got Talent..." She suggested.

"Ugh, that tacky thing, no. I'm not going there, besides. You can't do art on it silly." I say in disgust.

"But I'll miss you..." She wined as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"(Sigh) I made you a Skipe, I'll call you every night, okay?" I reassure her.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you to."

She drives me to the airport and doesn't leave until security stops her, she's always been like this, over protective. I've always tried to be calm but after I started collage. I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to leave.

You see, I want to be someone. Not just another girl who dies and everyone says

'Oh, she was so lovely and had a great family. Just like everyone else.'

No, I don't want to be that, just another person. I want to be remembered not just as a good person, but a talented one, with so many hobbies.

You see my main goal in life is to be a artist, but I have so many other hobbies. You see I have always tried to get a different talent, art was just to much of a stretch.

I want to have a guarantee, I've tried everything, but the only thing I'm good at is creativity.

When I get through security, finally away from my mothers grasp. She texted me, 'be safe' it read.

"I'm never going to get away am I?" I mutter to myself quietly.

I ignore it and board my plain.

A few hours later ~

I get out of my cramped, dirty second-class seat and wait for the rest of the slow passengers to move their butts out of the door.

When I finally get off that hell hole, I get my bags and walk over to the taxi pick up area. I dial the number when I notice that theirs a young man, with a blue hat and baggy skinny jeans holding a sign with my full name on it. (Sky Oak) I shuffle over to him awkwardly and ask him "um...is this for me?"

He looks at me, he seems pretty shy, he smiles at me and says

"Well judging by the British accent your my new roommate right...um...Sky?

"Drake right?" I say suggestively

His eyes light up slightly, "yer, hi."

He holds his hand out to shake, I hesitate but shake it anyway.

"Hi" I reply

He frowns slightly at my hesitate to touch him but shakes it off and chirps "well, welcome to America!"

"Yer, happy to be here..." I smile shakily.

"Well let my drive you to your new home."

Drakes pov~

Well here she is, the new roommate. She's a lot prettier than I expected, I thought she would be the stereotypical Brit.

Nope, she's pretty normal looking actually. Dark brown hair, cool acdc t-shirt and a laptop bag, yup. Pretty normal.