Chapter Eight

Point of View: Patton, First Person
Timeline: Present Day

I felt my hand form fist as I spun to Prince, barely veiled panic and anger flooding through me like FIRE. "Where is he?" I said, forcing myself to remain as calm as possible.

Roman looked nervous. "It - It's okay, Anxiety... is... just... a little lost?" he tried, wincing the moment the words left his mouth.

I lost it.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST ANXIETY?" I screamed before I checked myself, lowering my voice again. "If anything has happened to my dark, strange son I will PHYSICALLY -"

Prince seemed just as baffled.  "I swear he was right -"

"Here," Anxiety said, out of the closet.

Oh.

My.

GOSH!!!

Anxiety anxiously pulled his arms in front of him, over the white and gold that was Roman's top.  His eyes bouncing between all of us, eyeing us through his bangs.  He kept shifting from foot to foot.

I was the first to jump into action, with a loud squeal - tackling Anxiety with a hug.  He let out a small grunt of surprise, stumbling a bit backwards from the force of it.  I was just so happy he was okay...

"Patton, please," Anxiety grunted, trying to pry me off of him. But I stayed latched on, not wanting anyone to notice that I was crying, crying because he was so happy he was okay.  "Ow, ow, ow - you're hurting me," Anxiety groaned.

I quickly backed off, as fast as I could - perhaps a bit too quickly, as Anxiety seemed to momentarily lose this balance as he took a wobbily step backwards, hand rising to brace himself on the wall.

I kept my head down, avoiding everyone eyes as I quickly brushed the tears away.

  "Wow, you - um - wow," Roman said and I glanced up to find a bubbly Prince - almost jumping up and down at the sight of Anxiety in his outfit, hand over his mouth in a failed attempt to hide his smile and I couldn't help smiling with him.

"Don't get used to it," Anxiety snapped, frowning and crossing his arms over his chest.  He shook his head a little, so that his bangs fell over his eyes, but his glare was still easy to see.

"Let's not get off topic," Logan stepped in, frowning at the two of them.  "We have matter of much greater importance to discuss."

"I beg to differ," Roman muttered, eyes sweeping over Anxiety.  "I think we can all agree that Anxiety looks absolutely adorable."

Anxiety glared, but something looked... off, about it.  I frowned in concern.  Actually, the more that I looked at him... was... was Anxiety getting paler? Oh gosh, was he about to faint?!

"Hey, kiddo," I said, fighting to keep my voice from shaking, as to not worry him.  "Are you feeling alright? Maybe you should sit down," I suggested, grabbing his arm in case he suddenly dropped.

Anxiety frowned, almost as if he was confused.  "No, I feel - " Anxiety's voice broke off suddenly, interrupted by his own gasp.  He immediately groaned, arms wrapping around his stomach in pain.  His eyes rolled back and I yelped in surprise, catching him before he could fall.

Roman quickly jumped into action, catching Anxiety's left side and together we eased him to the ground, leaning him against the now closed closet door.

Once on the ground, Anxiety slowed came back to himself, but not before letting out cry of pain - clamping his hand tightly around Roman's arm, so harshly that his knuckles turned white.  Roman let out a squeak of pain, but otherwise didn't say anything - only looking at Anxiety with a mixture of concern and... guilt?

I frowned.

I'd have to ask him about it later.

"Hey, Lo?"

"Yes, Morality?"

"What could've caused this?" I asked, concerned.  "I mean... I don't understand why this is happening so suddenly," I continued.  "I mean, what triggered that panic attack in the first place?  And what triggered the seizure?  Was the seizure triggered by the panic attack?" I rambled.

"That is... incredibly rare, Morality," Logan said, adjusting his glasses.  He thought for a second before continuing.  "But not entirely out of the question.  I would rather do some further research before making a formal decision."

"I can help," I volunteered.

"Thank you.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance," Logan turned, facing Roman.  "Do you have anything to add?"

Roman's mouth opened to say... something, before he quickly closed it, changing his mind.  Another thing I'd have to ask him about later.  "I... no," he said quietly, avoiding our eyes and fixing his own on Anxiety's dizzy figure, so apparently had come back to consciousness while we were talking.

"I think we should leave Anxiety here to rest for a bit.  No doubt he's exhausted, both physically and mentally," Logan paused.  "  Morality and I will take care of dinner.  Prince, can you please watch Anxiety? Just keep an eye on him in case of another incident like this occurs."

Prince quickly nodded in agreement, before Logan had even finished his sentence.

"Excellent," Logan said.  "Also, could you make a wheelchair for Anxiety? Nothing fancy, just something to get him around through the rest of the day, as he might be a little too shaken to walk around even when he wakes up."

"Oh, um, okay," Roman said, already starting to dazed off, already starting to picture the things he'd need for this magic wheelchair.

"If you run into an issue, just let us know," I said, smiling.  "How about we move him to the bed?" I suggested, bracing myself under Anxiety's right arm.

Roman quickly took his place on the left and Logan grabbed his legs and together we placed him on the bed.  I scanned the room quickly and found a red blanket on a seemingly random white rocking chair off to the side of Roman's bed and careful pulled it over Anxiety, who was already asleep.

"Night, kiddo."

____________________

Um... hi?

*braces myself for oncoming attack*

I'm sorry! I was going to pick this book up again, but then I realized that there was no way I could so... I did what I do best.

I dropped off the face of the Earth lol

I won't promise I'll be back anytime soon, but I definitely will try :3  Thank you so much and for being so patient - you're amazing :3

(plus there's also the fact that I find a lot of this very, very cringe worthy so I'm also admittedly avoiding this book at times oOF)

- Max :)