Twenty Three

You guys are fucking legends and responded so quickly and love you cause you cute. Alsooooo, I've decided that it's mainly going to be between them but also there are going to be some outside drama that kind of triggers the inside drama. Enjoy and fucking comment please thanks.

Erica's point of view...

My father walked back into the siting room, his shoulders less stiff then the last time he went through those doors.

A moment of suspense lingered in the air as the three men stared at my father and I, waiting for the sentence that would change the lives of all of us here and many more.

"We have a wedding to plan!" My father announced happily. My gaze shifted directly to Aiden.

He was happy about wanting the companies to merge, stating it was economically beneficial, which it was. I looked through the contract last night and the advantages it would bring to all of us were incredible, yet they would cost me something that I never necessarily thought about; my right to chose a husband.

I was always busy working I never had time to even date, but I knew how these arrangements worked. My mother and father were in the same position as I am now, meaning I had a general outline of how my life from the day I say 'I do' till the day I physically cannot say anything anymore would be like.

The wife managed the household, she decorated and ordered the finest items for her home. She planned social events with her husbands partners and wives. She built bonds and formed friendships that would help her husband get partnerships easily. She took care of her husbands sexual needs, some manage to fulfill their own, others couldn't. She took care of the children when they were born, making sure they took their education seriously, were well prepared to build their own empire or take over their fathers in the future. She made sure they were proper, polite and respectful.

The husband dealt with the businesses. He arranged meetings and made sure his company was growing. He spent his mornings and nights in the office making sure him and his family could sit under a well built house, marble floors and Chandeliers filling their vision. He went on business trips for months on end with little to no contact.

It was how to was and will always be.

But I was promised a company. I was promised that if I agreed to this marriage I would be the one in charge of this institution.

My father isn't the best man, not the most honest or loyal, I know that for a fact but he is a hard worker. He might not be the fastest nor the strongest but I know that at the end of the day nothing could be more important to him then his company, not even his own children. He wanted the company to be his forever but he knew it couldn't be.

I don't believe everything my father told me in our conversation but I do believe that he wants this company to be in the McLaren name for as long as possible. I know he didn't want Aiden to take control of it, he wanted me.

There's nothing wrong with being like my mother. Well, there's nothing wrong with her way of life not necessarily her as a person; there are many things wrong with that. She and many other woman can be the typical domestic wife but I wanted this.

I wanted to lead a company, I wanted to see what I could do if I was given the change.

I swallow the lump in my throat, focusing back to Aiden.

His father and Marcus both stood up and congratulated my father. Aiden, however, took a deep breath, shutting his eyes for a brief second before opening them and smiling. His smile was flashy, perfect straight teeth on display, his eyes narrowing happily as he shook hands with my father.