Chapter Eight: The Musical

"You okay?" Ethan said as soon as he saw your face in the doorway. He ushered you in, inviting you to take a seat on the couch. "What's wrong?"

"Although I really want to, I can't tell you." You wished you could, especially seeing the genuine concern on his face, but you couldn't put both yourself and Dark at risk. "I'm just here to hang out."

"(Y/N), listen." Ethan's expression grew more serious. "You can't bottle your feelings up like this. You're gonna explode eventually."

Ethan paused, searching your face for any sign of giving in. You stared back at him with a deep frown, but said nothing. You knew he was right.

"You wanna know the reason why my parents are never home?" Ethan began and you nodded reluctantly. "They're living with my brother back in Maine. They always liked him better than me, so they decided to send me here on my own. Sure, they come by once a month to check on the things, but they don't care about me. I try to fill the house with people so I'm don't feel alone all the time and I pretend to be all bubbly and happy, but I'm not. I'm not happy, (Y/N)."

"Oh, Ethan." Your heart broke for him. You pulled him into a hug, holding him closer than before. "I never knew. I'm so sorry."

"I didn't bring this up to make you sad or anything." Ethan pulled back, looking thoughtfully into your eyes. "I just don't want you to feel alone like I do."

"Ethan..." You muttered softly, looking hopelessly into those puppy dog eyes he was giving you. Dammit, he looked so smol and vulnerable. How could you resist? "Okay, you have to promise not to tell ANYONE."

"Promise."

"Okay." You sighed, folding your shaking hands in your lap. You just had to come out and say it. Like ripping off a band-aid. "I'mhavingsexwithDark."

Ethan paused for a minute, taking time to both figure out what you said and then process it.

"Mhm." Ethan hummed while nodding. He didn't look too surprised. "So what about it is bothering you?"

"Well other than the fact that it's illegal and he's my teacher," You tried to break the tension with a bit of joking. "I keep getting warned by other people about dating him, but I really like him." You weren't quite ready to say the big boi L word just yet.

"Then go for it." Ethan said with the utmost confidence. "If it ends badly, I'm here for you, (Y/N). Always."

~

Ethan helped you study and practice your lines in preparation to the musical. You seriously doubted that Kathryn would magically come down with a gut-wrenching sickness because that would be a convenient plot device, wouldn't it?

Everyone seemed to be getting into character during rehearsal and you even got to meet some cool, new people that hadn't been coming to normal practices. Your friend group just seemed to continue to grow and you loved it.

After Friday night practice, you forced Dark to give you the address to his apartment so you wouldn't need to rely on someone to take you there. Luckily, it was only 15 minutes away from your own home.

After parking your car and greeting Mr. Oliver on the way in, you went straight to Dark's room without any interruptions. You knocked lightly on the door, waiting patiently for Dark to let you in.

He swung open the door and stepped aside. He was wearing a tight fitting black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. You wondered if you'd ever get over how pretty he was. Once you were inside, he took your hand and guided you to his couch.

"What would you like to watch?" He asked as you curled up next to him, laying your head on his shoulder.

"Porn." You said sarcastically, hoping to shock him.