2020

We had the chance to work within the same production company which took care of our films and television shows. I took on the job of working in producing mini documentary series' on the human condition, teamed up with Ethan Dolan, who seemed delighted by my tentative suggestions.

He looked to be around twenty-one or so, close to my age, and he was very handsome - wavy dark brown hair, a high forehead, intelligent eyes. People said he was reckless, awkward, and weird, and I suppose he was, given that he jumps naked into the foam pit at his warehouse. But he was also wildly funny and intensely serious in turns. I remember him and his twin brother jumping off cliffs into the ocean, fearless.

I still think about my twin sister's wedding night. She married his twin brother, you see. I remember it so vividly. It was the same night Aaron Burriss proposed to me. The venue  was filled with pink peonies and white roses, my sister's favorite colors. I sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley at the reception, while our daddy played the guitar. Hannah Defore, our closest friend, was her maid of honour, and in time - she was mine. I recall thinking she looked prettier than ever that night.

When Aaron and I were saying our wedding vows, he repeated what he told me the night he proposed. I was so nervous, perspiring through the silk. His hands were squeezing mine, just as tight.

"I would do anything to make you happy. You make me a better person. I will love you unconditionally, and I pray you will do the same."

Why didn't I tattoo those words onto my forehead? When I think of them now, they seem like a recipe for disaster.

Veronica Jo Merrell
December 2025

♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎

*hey y'all so this is sorta like a preface/prologue/ setting thingy. roni's writing this letter in the future and the story is going to be set in the past (not in letter form tho). in other words 2025 roni is kinda reflecting on her actions in 2020 - 2023ish :) it is established that roni and aaron have been dating for a while (around the same time graynessa have been together), that they love each other very much and eventually got married... but one day, something goes off...

*what do you think of this chapter and roni's situation?

**sorry for the awkward writing in advance! please comment and vote so I know ppl are interested fhkhfdkfs :^) love u all

I pray I don't forget about this book like my other flops lmao