❝ Chapter III. The Meeting ❞

・・・・

・・・・

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

POOP DECK - DAYApril 10, 1912

POOP DECK - DAY
April 10, 1912

          Clutching Lizzy's leash, young Ivonne ambles through the crowd of people with such haste. She feels as though she might pass out because of the tight sensation on her chest, and that is not a good scene to make especially at an overly luxurious place. Beads of sweat trickles down on her temple before wiping them with a white handkerchief, her brown eyes darting the surroundings for a possible peaceful location to ease her nerves. Her siblings will be displeased and much more worried when they find her again locked up inside her room, so she opts to feel the breeze at what some calls poop deck instead.

           Living with social anxiety has never been easy for Ivonne. Even during her childhood, the idea of gatherings and people in general stresses her out, to which she unfortunately brought to her adolescence. A flaw that makes the teenager stands out from the rest of her siblings, though in a bad light. She is far too timid to be a Kline. Far too turbulent. Far too meek. It is not easy to grow up with such a huge burden and the need to live up to her surname's respectable image; a curse in a form of a daydream, as the brunette likes to call it.

            However, in every situation there is a positive aspect, and that is her love for her siblings. Ivonne looks up to all of them and is grateful for the mutual bond they have for each other, which is not exactly hard to form since humor is a part of her family's genes. They are her beacon of hope and peace in a world that her late parents, Alexander and Eliza Kline, left without their warm guidance.

           Ivonne closes her eyes in relief and let the air ease out the knots in her heart. With her chocolate brown hair billowing among the melody of the wind, she fantasizes herself up on a tree as the smell of her book and nature wafts the atmosphere like an embrace. The leaves brushing her bare feet ever so slightly, the chirping of mockingbirds clouding her ears. Somehow, amidst the darkness of anxiety, right there and then, Ivonne finds her serenity.