Imagine #1: Bleak December

Maxx Imagine.

Maxx's POV

I glanced over at her, my girlfriend. I'm planning on asking her to marry me soon, despite the disapproval of my bandmates. Their remarks flashed through my mimd; "Maxx, please, you have to see that this is a one way relationship. It's not healthy." Cody reasoned, a hand on my shoulder. I shifted under his touch and huffed. "Come on Cody, why can't I be happy? You, Dan and Zach are all in relationships! Why can't I have mine?!" Cody looked at me with glistening eyes. "Maxx, please..." His voice cracked, he started leaning in for a hug but I shoved him off. "Fine, Cody, you don't approve, doesn't mean I have to listen to you. I will marry her, you can count on that." I said with venom before leaving the room and ultimately his house.

Dazed from the memories, I started mentally planning on how I was going to pop the question. I could do the cliche 'ring in the cupcake' ordeal, but that doesn't really sound like me. I needed time to think. The whole fight with Cody was only this morning, and his pleas keep invading my thoughts, so I hit the road. I go to my peace place, as I like to call it. Basically, it's just a little corner in the local park, but it's quiet and serene. Yet, I still couldn't get Cody's words to leave. My mind, being dreadful as usual, started building on what Cody said. Was my girlfriend evasive and keeping secrets? No, that's ridiculous. Or is it?

It seems like wherever I ask her something, she has fifty different personalities and a new excuse each time. She also distances herself from me and is always on the phone. I don't want to be a paranoid boyfriend, but my suspicion is building. Relationships are built on trust, does she not trust me? Or do I trust her too much? Before I ask her to marry me, I should ask her to trust me. I walk back to my car and decide to make a side trip on the way back to my apartment. Take a walk down memory lane and go see the place where we first met, our first date, all that kind of stuff.

First place is where we first met, a small little concert venue where I played with my bandmates after our second EP release. I saw her in the crowd and she saw me. It was love at first sight I suppose. I parked outside and just sat there in my car, embracing the memories. I sat there for a good thirty minutes before starting the engine and going to find the diner that we had our first date.

We had milkshakes and fries that night. It was a wonderful night. She had a blueberry milkshake while I had a cookies and cream, but we weren't even focused on the food. We were focused on each other. She asked me so many questions about myself that I barely even got to ask her any about herself. It was kinda like she was running from herself and was somewhat dodge-y about personal stuff.

I decided that I am going to ask her to marry me. I LOVE her, and what bump I think we might be having, I know we can get through it together, no matter what Cody, Dan and Zach say. I popped the glove compartment open and took out a small felt box and opened it, revealing a shiny engagement ring inside. I'm going to ask her tonight.

I pulled up to my apartment and stepped out of my car. I shoved the small box in my jacket and stood there for a moment. Closing my eyes and taking big gulps of air. "Come on Maxx! You can do this!" I whisper-shout to myself. My own little pep talk. I start making my way towards the stairs leading up to my apartment and slowly go up, feeling my knees shaking with nervousness. I fumble for my key and unlock my door. All the lights were off.
"Cam? Are you awake?" I ask the darkness. I pulled out my phone and switched on the flashlight, not wanting to wake her up is she fell asleep already. Quietly, I made my way to our bedroom and there was still no Cam to be found. I hit the light switch and saw a little piece of paper on Cam's pillow. I picked it up and started reading it, getting more worried by the second.

Dear Maxx,

Thanks for spending time with me while my fiancé was gone, but he's back now and I must return to him. You're a sweet guy so I thought I would return the favor with closure instead of just leaving you in the dark.

~you know, you know, how to make me smile, but I-I-I need you to be my ancient history~

Love, Cameron

It was in that moment that I felt my heart break. I fell to the floor in the fetal position and started sobbing. The ring box rolled under the bed but I literally couldn't care less about that. In fact, I'm not sure what to care about right now. Cam was my everything, and she's already engaged? What a sick fuckin joke. I should've known better. I grabbed a blanket off the bed and just covered myself with it. I cried myself to sleep because I had no intentions on doing anything else and couldn't help but hope it was all a horrific nightmare.

~I said go, run for your life, and tell me I'm right, or let me know when your heart went numb~

Cody found me in a huddled mess on the carpet in the afternoon. I just woke up to him rubbing my back, he must've figured out what happened. I wish I would've listened to him.

"W-Why can't I be happy? Why does everyone I love treat me like a goddamn object that can just be tossed away with damage?!" I screamed. I have so many pent up emotions that I just need to get out.

~No one will love you like I did, will treat you like I did, so go on, wear that scarlet letter. No one will love you like I did, will touch you like I did, so good luck finding something better. Some day you may find, that picture perfect guy, and I'll chase my words with poison. Until that day arrives, and swine take time the sky, fill your void with open thighs~