Imagine #2: The Greatest Frontman

Uh, so this is a random AU I came up with after watching The Greatest Showman.

Patty's POV

Music blared through the speakers. MY music. Thousands of people were in the crowd singing along to MY songs. MY words and melodies that I breathed life into. It felt surreal. Ben, Foley and Ali played their instruments confidently as people cheered. This was truly the dream. I tightened my grip on my mic and jumped into the sea of people.

"No wayyy out, here I am again!"
I shouted with the rest of my band following up with their instruments as the song ended. Just then someone that was holding me up let me fall and I came crashing to the floor and darkness was all I saw. I opened my eyes and saw my bedroom. Complete with 'emo' band posters. I sighed as my amazing dream faded out of my grasp.
My dream was to be a preformer, a singer, but due to my higher than average male voice, it wasn't going to happen but no sense in not giving it a try.

I picked up my phone and dialed Ben's number. He, thankfully, picked up.
"What is it, Patty?" He grumbled in his British accent. In that moment I realized it was only two am. "Okay, here me out, I had a dream that we, As It Is, were playing a headliner, sold-out show with thousands of people singing our songs back at us." I paused and waited for a response.

"Patty..." He drawled. "Come on Ben! We love music. Foley, Andy and Ali love music! We have a band, we might as well try harder to let our dreams come alive!" I enthused. There was a small bit of static on his end before he mumbled "Okay, I agree, but can we talk about this at a sensible time?" "Um, yeah, sure." I barely got out before the phone clicked as a sign of Ben's hang up. I sighed and figured that he had a point and shut my eyes once again.

Ben's POV. Morning.

I woke up and yawned. Still feeling sleepy before what Patty had said set in. I was immediately awake due to adrenaline. Just thinking of thousands of people listening to our music was enough to make me want to try harder.

I called up Ali and then Foley and told them what Patty had told me before telling them to meet me at my house. I called up Patty and told him I agreed and told him to meet us as well. I got up and made breakfast and tried to make my apartment look presentable. Soon enough they all arrived.

"Gentlemen," I grinned. "We need to let As It Is reach new heights. We need to put together an album." They cheered and in a span of a few months, we were ready. We booked a recording studio and went and did all the vocals and instruments. After a few months of studio work, Never Happy, Ever After was finally ready to make it's debut as our first full length album.

Patty's POV. Just before release of The Great Depression.

My dream was coming true. We were playing to hundreds, sometimes thousands of people. We were playing the final Warped Tour, we were going to be playing a couple sold out headliners. I'm doing exactly what I want to do with my life and I'm having a blast doing it with my friends. Sure Andy may have left but we have continued to skyrocket. Everyone loved Okay. and people are loving the two singles from The Great Depression and the message we're trying to spread with them. Although we've had some issues with people calling us a My Chem knock off and us getting hate for our darker looks, the message is still getting through to the people who are willing to listen.

We just had our first Rock Sound cover which is amazing and something I would have never thought would happen. The Warped Tour crowds are bigger than they were in 2015 which is progress.

"Hey, Patty," Foley said, bringing me out of my thoughts. "What's up?" I inquired. "Thanks. Thanks for having that dream before. Who knows if we'd even be a band still if we didn't give it that extra hard try." Foley smiled.
"And thank you for believing in it." I grinned back at him. He handed me a soda and he opened a beer and we toasted. "To As It Is!" We cheered and took a swig of our drinks before bursting out in laughter.

A few months in the future, say around October. TGD was a smashing hit and AII is selling out multiple headliners worldwide. Still Patty's POV.

It was the night before the first day of the Reaper Tour. Our worldwide, sold out, headliner. We were celebrating and anticipating getting back on the road. Foley, Ben, Ali and a few other people were all drunk leaving me the responsible one. I was just sitting on a nearby couch and scrolling through Instagram, there was some cool art people have done of us so I liked some of it. Suddenly one of the other guys, I think his name was John or something, stood up, staggered onto a table and slurred "Aight, which one of you fuckers took my lighter?" I glanced up at him, a little concerned. "John, why do even have a lighter? You don't smoke." "It was mine!" I stifled a laugh but he saw it. "Did you steal my fuckin lighter?!" His voice rose as he jumped off the table a swayed a little. I flinched back a little, my fight or flight response kicking in and immediately wanting to get out of this situation. "John, I didn't steal your lighter, I swear." I replied, trying to keep my voice from breaking. It didn't work. He saw it as a challenge and moments later my cheek was burning. He had slapped me.

"Okay. I am done with this. Goodbye." I said, putting a hand to my cheek and attempted to stand up, even with John in the way.
"Where do you think you're going, Lighter stealer?" John growled. I started panicking a little, desperately needing to leave. "I didn't steal your lighter!" I choked and fell to the floor as John pushed me. John pinned me down and hovered above me. Ben took notice of the commotion and stood up and walked to us, before shoving John off me. I looked up at him with wide eyes. Ben looked over at John who was still struggling to stand back up, and punched him straight in the nose. John collapsed, knocked out. Ben shook his fist before offering it to me. I gladly took it and got to my feet.

"Will you guys be alright?" I asked him.
"Yeah, go get some rest at the bus." He answered and I took his offer as quick as I could. When I was back at the bus I did a quick once over of myself, discovering a couple bruises on my arms and cheek. Oh well, it could've been much worse if it wasn't for Ben.

Next morning.

I was awoken to the sound of puking. I guess they made it back, please dear god have them be throwing up in the toilet or at least a sink. I pulled the curtain to my bunk aside and stepped out. Ben was sitting on the couch with a bucket in his lap. I sat next to him and patted his back. "Hey," I greeted.
"Hey." He murmured. "Thanks for last night." I praised, I little embarrassed that I was the sober one and couldn't defend myself. "Yeah, no problem, you would've done the same." He said before retching. "Do you want a hair tie or something?" I asked him, he nodded.

Time skip to after tour. Grammy's.

"And for album of the year! As It Is with The Great Depression!" The person announcing boomed. Time slowed down. This is it, we just won album of the year at the GRAMMY'S. A golden globe. I can't believe it.
People were cheering around us as Ben, Ali, Foley and I jumped up and pulled each other into a tight hug. We ran up to the stage and got ready to give a speech that we did not have prepared. Fuck.

"Uh, so, we certainly didn't expect this at all so we didn't really prepare a speech so I guess I'll just speak from my heart. Thank you to all the people who decided to give our message a listen. That was a really important part this album was getting people to talk. Um, thanks to all the people who stood by us when we experimented with something new instead of abandoning us. Just thank you, everyone who supports us!" I cheered at the end. I gave our little band of brothers another hug as we walked of the stage.

Because thanks to my dream, we are no longer drowning deep in doubt of what we are meant to do with our lives.