[FFXV - Tredd] Too Late

As Tredd Furia, self-proclaimed fuckboy of the Kingsglaive, turns around the corner and his eyes land on you, his heart, of which even his closest colleagues doubt its existence, falls down to his knees.

He hasn't seen you in quite some time, and it shocks him just how hard seeing you hits him. That is something he hasn't expected. Tredd is not someone who cares about his various hook-ups, he isn't someone to develop feelings. Yet now, a small voice in his head seems to think otherwise.

Tredd can still vividly remember the first time he met you, it doesn't take much effort to recall the surprise he felt, when you suddenly tripped next to him and showered him with a whole bucket of water. It was meant for the flowers on your balcony, not for drenching his clothes.

He was angry, of course, already back then he knew what the insomnian citizens think of immigrants. So, no matter how often you apologized, he was sure that you didn't do that on accident.

"I'm so sorry!", you exclaimed again and again, but Tredd could read through what he thought were just lies. And that pissed him off.

So when you asked him to come to your apartment to dry his clothes, he decided to teach you a lesson, to hurt you. After all, you were cute and graced with a kind of innocence he wanted to crush. You were exactly the naive kind of girl who would fall for an asshole like him, thinking she could peel off his hard shell to reveal his soft core.

Usually, he doesn't go out this lengths for a mere girl to fuck and throw away, but you angered him, so you had to bear the consequences.

It was easy. Acting like the beloved 'bad boy' (and showing off his body, since most of his clothes were in the dryer), he soon had you like a fish hanging on a hook, and, at the end of the short encounter, your number on a piece of paper.

Always dropping little hints of his 'feelings' in between his asshole behaviour, his plan worked out just fine. Tredd knew he had already won, you were swooning over him. As soon as he was sure that you had fallen head over heels in love with him, he stopped pretending to be nice. It was a perfect arrangement, he got sex whenever he wanted, had no commitment and could just act the way he wanted. And you would just endure it until you broke.

That was his plan. He doesn't know what went wrong, he doesn't know when exactly it was, that suddenly the tables turned.

One day, when he was still so sure of himself, you crossed his plans.

"I don't appreciate the way you're treating me", you said as you sat down with him to talk. "Even if this is nothing more than a friends with benefits arrangement, you can't treat me like that."

And you ended it. Just like this, out of the blue, when he was sure you had fallen for him hopelessly.

He didn't care, he told himself. He ignored the strange clenching of his heart, drowned it with beer. That worked just fine, and soon he forgot about you. He didn't care about you anymore. After all, he thought, there were plenty of more fish in the sea and he was a handsome, desirable sex god who could get as many girls as he wanted.

That's why it confuses him how much he is bothered by seeing you with another guy. But then, he realises what has happened. His plan has backfired. You weren't the one to catch feelings. He did.

Like a stupid teenager, he has fallen for you. Jealousy arises within him as he watches your interaction with the other guy. Tredd wants you to be at his side, to go on fucking stupid dates like this with him, laugh at his jokes, look at him like that. Not at this douchebag, whom you are with at the moment. But Tredd realises that he is the one who is the douchebag, and this man you are on a date with is probably a nice guy, treating you right. But he doesn't want you to have someone else. And for the first time in his life, he wants to be in a relationship, he wants to be the nice guy (well, as nice as he can be) and treat a girl right.