Chapter 11: Halloween

Hiroka stared at the ceiling. It was now Halloween. It was still noon though, the Halloween Night Fright would start at 5:00.

She also hasn't seen Ryota all day. Hiroka wasn't that worried though. He did still have her diary. That's something to worry about.

The sound of the door opening was heard. Hiroka quickly sat up and peeked out of her room. Ryota stood there along with Azumi behind him.

"Hiroka~!" Ryota cheered. He ran up to her with open arms and hugged her. "I'm glad to see that you're safe at home," he told her.
"Well, there's no where else to go," Hiroka answered.

"Alright, alright, can we just get down to business?" Azumi asked them. The two nodded. Ryota handed Hiroka a bag.

"What is this?" She asked him.
"You have to blend in, so I got you both Halloween costumes," Ryota pushed them both into a room.

The costume was a witch costume. Fortunately, it was nothing showy either.

"Do you have any information about Third?" Hiroka asked Azumi.
"Her name is Tsubasa Yamamoto. She will be dressed up as a freaky ghost girl, because she is part of the haunted trail," Azumi replied.

After they got done changing, they walked out.

Ryota got a couple hundred photos of Hiroka.

"Here Hiroka," Ryota tossed something in the air. Hiroka caught it. It was her diary.
"Thanks."
"We should get going soon," Azumi told them.

At The Halloween Night Fright

"I hate this costume," Hiroka groaned.
"I'm not hatin' it, I have a few weapons hidden in this getup," Azumi snickered.

Ryota glared at Azumi.

"Azumi, you take Hiroka and look for anyone suspicious that way, I'll go the opposite direction," Ryota said, sounding kind of upset.
"Ryota..." Hiroka mumbled.
"Maybe this will help you forgive me," Ryota said before ruffling her hair and walking away.

It was starting to get dark real fast. The moon soon taking over, some clouds covering it though.

"This is why I hate Halloween," Hiroka said.
"I just go for the candy," Azumi shrugged.

The two were lined up for the 'Haunted Trail,' the supposed place of Tsubasa's location.

The two began their walk through the forest like place. It felt real, even though it wasn't. To diary users it was a real life or death situation. Hiroka wanted to live on for her parents. For everyone.

Her diary soon buzzed, causing her to slightly jump.

Diary of Strategy

19:49 I should climb up that tree to avoid Third

19:51 DEAD END

Hiroka stood frozen at the news. She knew that Ryota would get something similar, but would he make it in time? Azumi looked at Hiroka's diary then her own.

"I don't have a dead end, just leave any of them to me," Azumi told her while walking ahead. Hiroka just watched her. She seemed so cool under pressure, she didn't understand how.

They kept walking for about two more minutes. They soon came to a more open area.

Hiroka's P.O.V.

I looked around the area. Usually something would appear by now. I felt the hairs on my arms stick up and my legs felt weak.

We took a few more steps and a gunshot was heard. Followed by a scream.

A person to my left came out of the trees. They weren't Third, that was easy to tell.

I let out a scream though and sped walked away. Azumi quickly followed. The man followed us though. I was scared, why did this have to happen.

Suddenly, two more people appeared. It was so quick; I didn't even see where they came from.

That was when I saw it, pink hair. She had on a dark cloak and the hood covered her face. She also had an axe in her hand. It wasn't a fake axe though. It was real.

I looked at Azumi just as she looked at me. Azumi brought out a pocket knife and lunged at Third.

"Run!"

I nodded. My first instinct was to actually climb a tree. Then I remembered my dead end. That was probably the cause.

I ran past Third and Azumi. As I was almost in the clear. I felt something around my ankle. I looked down and saw a whip. I tripped and fell down. The other man with a cloak had a whip.

I clenched my teeth as I was dragged against the grass. One man put their foot on my back. I reached my hand out, it was pointless. Azumi was still fighting Third.

"Hang on, I'll get there!"

I looked over at Azumi. Third was pinned to the ground.

Then another man ascended. He grabbed onto Azumi's hair and pulled her away from Third or, of course, Tsubasa.

"Thank you," Tsubasa smiled at him. She had this wicked smile though. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Make sure you keep that one on the ground," Tsubasa pointed to Azumi. Tsubasa made her way towards me.

Wait, she doesn't know that Azumi is another diary user.

"Awww, so cute, I wonder how you would look inside out," Tsubasa smiled at me. My eyes widened as I laid there. I felt my legs start to shake.

I need him.

"Make sure she holds still, I need the right parts," Tsubasa grabbed a machete from one of the other cloaked men.

I need him.

"That man, where is he? I saw him kiss you at my candy shop. Don't try denying that he's not a diary user." Tsubasa kneeled down by my head. The machete pointed right between my eyes. "I'm thinking of starting top and just slicing all the way down."

I need Ryota!

"Ahhh!"

I felt as if a weight was off my back. The guy, who used to have a foot on me, was now a corpse on the ground.

There he stood.

Ryota had a knife in his hand. Blood was on it. Some of his clothes, most on the ground and body. He had his signature look in his eyes.

This is the guy I have fallen for