A Visit

Martin wrote on his little notepad and showed Eliza. "Can I call you mom?" He wrote. She read his message and looked touched. "You can call me whatever you want to, sweetheart." She told him and smiled. There were footsteps approaching the room. They both looked to the door as it opened. Oswald stepped inside. "Eliza. I have another job for you." He said. She stood and approached him. "Word through the grapevine is, Sofia Falcone isn't dead. I need you to find out the truth for me. I have other matters to settle. Oh! And we're having a dinner tonight. You may join or not join. Up to you. If you'd rather stay with Martin that's fine as well." He said and gave a smile for only a second and dropped it. So as to seem casual. She knew how he was feeling. Or beginning to feel. About her. "I'll find out about Sofia and if she is not dead, I will kill her myself." She said. "Careful. Zsasz might still be her guard dog." He warned. She turned and left to the stairs. As she jogged down she seen Riddler, sitting in a chair by the table. "Feeling better?" She asked. "Much." He responded. The way he spoke and looked, she knew he was plotting something. She turned and left the house in search for Sophia Falcone. She walked, meaning business. Everyone knew who she was by this point. Penguin's right hand. And she still looked the part. Her hair now in a half ponytail and beautifully wavy. Black leather clothing with a hint of purple. Her eyes were lined with black and shadowed smokey. She found Jim Gordon and his partner. She pulled out two guns and pressed one to Jim's neck and aimed at his partner across the car who pulled his own gun in no time.

"Whoa! Hey! Take it easy!" Jim said. "Put the guns down! Now!" His partner said. "Harvey, this is Eliza. Eliza, Harvey. Harvey you can keep your gun on her but don't...shoot. You got it?" Jim asked. "If she's gonna kill you Jim..." Harvey threatened. "I won't." Eliza said. "Harvey, she's working for Penguin but she's alright with us. She just has to look like she means business on the streets. What do you need?" He asked her. "The whereabouts of Sofia Falcone." She said. "Why? So you can kill her yourself?" Harvey asked. "I just want to pay my respects." She charmed, softly. "Wow." Harvey responded. "She's at the hospital. In a coma. If you need more, I can give you more." He said. "Who attempted to kill her?" She asked him, taking up on his word. "Leslie saved my life and shot her." He told her. She lifted her guns and Harvey lifted his. She tilted her head to the left in a little nod. "Thank you for your time Officers." She said and holstered her guns. Harvey put his away too. She began to walk away. "Where did she come from?" Harvey asked. "No one knows. But she was trained by Victor Zsasz." Jim said and got in the car. "Yikes." Harvey commented and got in. She kept walking down the sidewalk as they drove past.

She went to the hospital and asked for Sofia Falcone. "I can't give that information." The nurse told her. "You must not have heard who I am." She said. "I work for Oswald." She charmed and gave a closed mouth smile. "Oh...okay...she's....she's in room fourteen." The nurse spoke. Eliza turned and walked her business walk towards the room. No one was outside guarding. Victor must be inside. She moved to against the wall, quietly. Staff in the hallway stayed back and a few hurried away. Frightened of the event that might take place. She turned the corner into the entryway like a cat and kept her lean on the left side. Victor was standing, walking in a slow pace then stopped. Two Falcone goons stood from their seated positions. Victor looked. "Eliza." He spoke. "Sit down boys. I can handle her on my own." He told them. The two men sat back down. Guns on their laps. "I knew you'd still be guarding her basically lifeless body." Eliza spoke. "Oh! Do I detect some jealousy?" Victor mocked. "Not at all. Since you choked me on that table I've been picturing blowing your brains out." She barked. "Oh wow. I thought we had something." He told her. "We did." She replied. "You ruined it." She added. Victor looked to Sofia as Eliza's eyes gently shifted to her. "Sweet dreams. Until you rot in hell." Eliza spoke. Victor still looked to Sofia then to the entry that was now empty. Now given a torn feeling inside he never felt before, he gripped his hands into fists and his leather gloves crinkled, making that intense sound. He went to the hallway and stepped out of it. Facing Eliza as she was walking away. Hips swaying. Looking at who she has become. Him, plus more.

She left the hospital and went in search of Leslie Thompkins. This search lead her to The Narrows. Like before. Many usually fled from the people of The Narrows, or were one of them. Her, with her ranking of now, was neither. She was higher. Untouchable. She entered The Narrows and the people gathered, moved out of her way. She went downstairs and looked to a small window. An amber glow was shining through with rays. Sundown. She entered Leslie's office. "You shot Sophia Falcone in the head." She told her. "Yes I did." Leslie owned. She put her hands together on her desk and paid attention to Eliza. "Good job. But you didn't kill her." Eliza said. "What?" Leslie asked, shocked. "You didn't...kill her." Eliza repeated. "Well I will this time." Leslie said and stood. "No!" Eliza spoke and stopped her. "Victor Zsasz is guarding her hard. You will die." She warned her. Leslie sat back down. "I planted a seed. Should she die, I will have control of Victor Zsasz. Should she rise again, somehow, she will still have him but I will be able to sidetrack him. Wait. Until that happens." She told her. "I see your plan. And I will comply." Leslie told her. Eliza gave a nod. "Hey. Why did you come here to tell me that anyway?" Leslie asked her. "You needed to know you failed." Eliza responded. "You like me." Leslie said and stood, then walked around her desk. "No. I do not. Shut up." Eliza said. "You don't have any girl friends do you?" Leslie asked. "I work for Oswald. That's all I need." She responded. "Very well then. If that is all you need. But! My door is always open to you." Leslie told her. "Thank you." Eliza said, and left the office. She headed upstairs and noticed the amber light was no longer glowing. And the neons were on upstairs. She hurried upstairs and found the people cheering on an event. She went to the second set of stairs and up then left the building. As she made her way through the streets she happened upon Riddler.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked. "I could ask you the same thing. Aren't you supposed to be with the boy?" He asked. "I've also got work to do." She said. "Are we...not friends? I thought we were. I like you! You're a feisty little pussycat." Riddler told. "I'm headed back home." She said. "I'm heading to The Narrows for a show. Why don't you join us?" He asked. "No thanks. I'm not interested in your show." She said and continued walking. "Ooh. I'll make sure it'll include you next time. Then maybe you will!" He told her. She kept walking. As she made it to the mansion, she walked in and headed to the living room. A weird, manipulative toned voice was sounding from the dining area. She wasn't sure who it was but it didn't scare her. She entered the dining area and seen Victor Fries, some lady in bug get up with a tank and a pale faced psycho with scars on his face. Penguin had his black and purple suit on and his hair was wildly styled. "Hello again." Victor Fries said to her. She gave a nod and started filling a plate up with two buns, some ham and vegetables. Then grabbed two forks and napkins. "Who is this lovely young lady?" The pale psycho said. "This, is my assistant. And right hand. Eliza." Penguin introduced. "We could have lots of fun together, you and I." The bug lady said. Eliza quickly looked to her with a stern expression. "Or maybe not." The bug lady spoke. The pale psycho started laughing. "Eliza, this is Jerome." Oswald introduced. She slowly looked to him, not breaking her expression. He stopped laughing but continued to smile. "You are so beautiful when you are mad. Has anyone ever told you that?" He asked her. She turned and headed towards the stairs. "Ooh! She would be GREAT to have around. I bet you love it Oswald. You really do don't you?!" Jerome asked and laughed again. She left upstairs and into Martin's room. She closed the door softly, behind her. Then joined him at his little table for two. He turned his notebook to her. "I don't like that man's laugh." He wrote. "Neither do I." She responded. He wrote another message. Then turned his notepad to her. "Thank you for bringing me supper, mom." He wrote. She smiled a little. "Let's eat, little one." She told him and picked up her fork. He picked up his and smiled. Then they began to eat.