Neighbour (Jimin x reader)

The stars are out, the wind is calm, the streets are empty, the roads are quiet and the sun will soon be up. Everything is telling you that you should be asleep, but like every other night this past week, you're not. All because of one guy next door.

Park Jimin.

He just moved in this month and already you miss the old lady and her constantly yapping Chihuahua. Anything is better than this guy.

You turn over in bed and look at the alarm clock to see it's 4:24am so you get up, not even bothering to grab a dressing gown or shoes and march out to knock on your neighbours door.

"Park Jimin!" You yell.

There's nobody else that lives on your floor of apartments, only a few people below but if they're not awake already, they won't be awoken by your yelling.

"Park Jimin!" You yell again, knocking harder and you're about to knock again until the door swings open and you're met with a sweaty, black haired God.

"Yo, Y/N, right?" he smiles cutely. This guy was beyond handsome but his personality ruins it so you're not swayed.

"Yes. Y/N, your neighbour," you scowl, "your neighbour that has an exam in.." you peer at your watch, "..in less than 5 hours!"

Jimin flinches at the sudden loudness of your voice.
"Now please, please, turn the music down," you plead.

"Oh sorry is it too loud?" he chuckles.
"Too loud?" you look at him incredulously, "Too loud? Yes of course it's too loud! I can't sleep! I haven't slept for days because you've been playing the same music non-stop all night long for the past week!"

There's a knocking on the floor from below and then a shout: "Keep it down up there! I'm trying to sleep!"

"Yeah?" you yell back, "well so am I!"

Jimin takes hold of your shoulders and pulls you into his apartment and closes the door.

"What are you doing?"
"Just keep your voice down, we can talk in here," he sighs, walking towards another room and turning down his speakers.
"Talk? I don't want to talk, I just want you to stop blasting music out every night when I'm trying to sleep."

"But I have to practice," he pouts.
"And I have to sleep!"

The boy looks down at the ground with a pout and you sigh.
"Look Jimin," the boy peeks up at you with hopeful eyes, "you can play your music as much as you like, but please, just for tonight can you just go to sleep?"

"I can't sleep," he says.
"And why not? Have you even tried?"
"Yeah I have but I have an audition next week and I wanna make sure I'm ready."

"Yeah, well I have an exam today," you're almost giving up now, too tired to argue any longer so you move to the door to leave, satisfied that he's turned it down a little bit.

"Wait," Jimin reaches forward and grips onto your wrist, "I'll turn the music off if you just watch me dance once and tell me what you think?"

You peer at your watch on your other wrist: 4:35am.
"Fine," you give in, knowing you can't sleep with his music on in the slightest.

Jimin pulls you by your wrist to the couch at the back of his living room and pushes you down on it before turning to his speakers to turn them up and then he begins.

He starts crouched on the ground and then slowly sprouts up, his arm reaching up to the ceiling and then curls over when he can't reach any further.

You watch intensely as the music speeds up and he sways his body around majestically in time, never missing a single beat with his footwork.

You're captivated in his performance and can't look away. His body then slows as the music lowers and he's back on the floor, but he's not finished. It's just about to reach the climax.

However the couch you're sitting on is warming from your body heat and you find yourself snuggling deeper into it as you watch and when the music hits a comfortable volume before it reaches the climax, your eyes droop and you fall asleep.

The beat rises and rises until it drops and Jimin is using all parts of his body to keep up with it, his lungs gasping for more air and heart pumping enthusiastically and he doesn't think he can make it to the end of the song, but eventually does.

"How," Jimin breaths, bent over with his hands on his knees, "how was it?"

When there's no reply he looks up, pushing away his sweaty hair and staring at you. And he laughs.

You've snuggled into a tight ball on the corner of his couch, a pillow wrapped up in your arms and breathing soundly. You look innocent with your angelic expression and short pyjamas covered with cartoon sheep and fluffy clouds. It's childlike.

And Jimin can't bring himself to wake you, so he turns off the music and grabs a blanket from his room to drape over you.

"Jimin," you whine and the boy freezes, peering down to see if you're awake but thankfully you're not. "Jimin, I wanna go to sleep."

He chuckles at you, moving a strand of hair off your face and then kneeling down to watch you.
"But you are asleep," he whispers back.

Just as he gets up to leave you grab onto his hand and gently pull him closer. Jimin knows he can easily shake you off but he doesn't want to.

"Y/N, are you awake?" he asks but when you bring his hand closer to your chest he kinda assumes you're not.

"Shhhh," you mumble and he chuckles at you again.

"Why are you so cute?" he smiles, shifting the blanket over your shoulder some more. "It makes me want to play loud music every night, just to have you here like this."

You shuffle again, his hand still firmly in your grasp and your eyes still closed.

"I've been here a month trying to catch your attention but you're always too busy to notice. I even thought I could seduce you with my dancing but it looks like you've caught me instead. How can you fall asleep so easily on another guys couch, Y/N?"

You whine in your sleep and shuffle over a bit more away from the noise, which irritates Jimin so he slowly and carefully takes hold of your shoulders and curls you back round to face him.

"It's fine if it's my couch," he sighs, "but I don't want you on anyone else's looking so vulnerable and innocent."

With that he leans forward, moving his hand out of your grasp to slide your hair away from your forehead where he kisses you gently and then positions his hands under your leg and around your back to carry you to his room.

You're still asleep even when he lifts you off the couch and you simply lean your head against his chest, not noticing his rapid pulse.

When he slowly lowers you onto his bed you stay in the tight ball you're curled up in and he goes to take another blanket and pillow to throw onto the couch; only coming back into his room to say one last thing.

"And don't sleep on other people's beds either. Only mine."

A/N:  Sorry it's short.. like Jimin ayyyy!! No I'm joking his height's perfect.. like the rest of him ayyyy-  ok I'll stop.