Chapter Two

Previously...

I dreamed of getting announced as... as? My dream got interrupted as I felt a lot of Water being poured onto my face. I immediately sat up and started breathing heavily.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was an old lady holding a bucket, which was empty after she had thrown all the water on me. My heart started to beat fast. I don't know what she was going to do to me. Will she make me marry one of her rich sons now? Will she call anyone from Korea to come get me? WHERE AM I? My heart kept pounding but I kept a poker face. She came closer to my face before I wiped the Water off my face with the sleeves of my shirt. I got uncomfortable so this was my short way out to not look at her creepy eyes.

"You are from Korea... Aren't you?" She spoke in English, I was glad she did because if she spoke in Japanese I wouldn't have understood her and wouldn't have known how to answer. "Yes, I am. M'am, I am from North Korea and this was my only way out. Please don't send me back, I am begging you. I really want a better life and I want to help the others too." The old Lady laughed loudly. "Sweetheart, It's okay, I'll get you to success. How old are you?" "I-I am 18, M'am. Never worked before. But I graduated! I finished school!" I stuttered. How shy and scared I was. And all because of how I used to get treated in my home country. "Get out of the boat and then come with me. I'll bring you to my House. " Weirdly, I trusted this old Japanese lady and did what she asked me to do. It was my only hope. "Call me Lady Kana. I'll be your new parent from now on." I gulped as she said that before I cleared my throat. "Don't get it twisted, I do have parents." I clarified. She turned to me before she started walking.  "Really? Where are they?" The old lady asked before I followed. "I... I don't know..." She chuckled loudly at my reply, which made me look down to my feet. That really hurt. I had no Idea where they were, or what they were doing. "I'm just joking around. I'll get them out of Korea soon." The lady said like she knew what happened. "Yeah..." I replied, knowing that they weren't in North Korea or in Korea at all. But I wasn't going to tell her that.

After a long time of walking and me looking around, trying to remember the street just in case of emergency, I remembered. "MY BOAT!" I gasped. The old lady shook her Head. "It's stolen, it had the price tag on it. It will be sent back. You can't fool me." "Fair enough..." I pouted, holding onto the straps of my Backpack. A couple minutes passed and we finally arrived. It was such a cute apartment, bright pink, black and white. When we entered I realized this lady must've loved Sakuras. She had 3 small Sakura trees in her apartment. In the corridor, there was a picture of a very young Geisha hanging on the entrance. "Excuse me Lady Kana... Is this you?" I pointed to the picture. She slapped my Hand and seemed to get really mad. "Shut it! Don't look at my pictures. They're private!" I thought that if they were private, why was she stupid enough to hang them up. Lady Kana then took my hand and then pulled me to a small, very girly room. It was so clean and untouched. "This will be your new room, but before you settle down... What's your full name?" "Jae-hye Choun." "Ugly name. Get comfortable." She pushed me into the room before closing the door. The first thing I did was change into Pyjamas. It was already night so I thought wearing that would be Ideal. I got into the bed, I got comfortable and warm and relaxed. It was so nice. A soft bed for the first time. It felt like lying on a cloud. Soft and nice.

Some hours had passed and I was close to passing out, my eyes were almost closed and the book I had taken with me to read had almost fallen out of my Hand before the lady knocks and opens the door. "Do you want to eat?" I shook my head no. "No thanks, I really need sleep." She nodded and closed the door. First she was mean, then nice. She was bipolar.

I cuddled into the soft and cold blankets and fell asleep again. I never had slept in a bed this nice and comfortable. I then had a dream about meeting my brother. It was in a Forest, he hugged me. "I am so proud of you." He whispered calmly into my ear. I held him so tight, tears started running down my face again. This would happen everytime I thought about him. "You can't do this all the time, Jae-hye." He continued. "I just want you to get stronger everytime you meet me." My brother kissed my Head and suddenly disappeared again.

I woke up at 9 AM. This dream was so short... I slept 10 hours. I want my brother with me. My only family. My cheeks felt super dry, I guessed that my tears had dried after my dream. There was a plushie on one of the shelves, so I grabbed it and hugged it tightly. I started to cry again before Lady Kana bursted in my room. "Breakfast is- Why are you crying, Sweet child?" She sat at the edge of the bed. "Oh, I only miss my Home... That's all... Please don't worry." She nodded, "Fine. Get changed and come to the livingroom. Breakfast is very important.

She left my room and I changed into what I had with me. It wasn't much at all, but I figured out how I'd live with it. One question had suddenly popped up in my mind... Why did she have this room if she lives alone? Did she have a daughter? After I had changed I looked at the walls and saw picture of a little girl. She looked very similiar to Lady Kana. I opened the big closet that was in the room, just out of curiosity and... It was empty.

I am so sorry for this boring chapter! It's just a filler I need for the future. I still really hope you enjoyed it. Have a nice day!