Chapter Three

End of Chapter Two...

I opened the big closet that was in the room, just out of curiosity and... It was empty.

I opened more shelves and they were all empty. I looked under the big bed I slept in, and found a small pink box with Hearts on it. I took it and opened it. Young me was very very curios, soon after searching the room I realized why I should have learned to hold back. Inside the box was a picture of a young woman with a little girl. I looked closer and the woman looked like Lady Kana... I turned the picture around and saw there was a small letter written on the back and I gladly would have read it, but it was in japanese. As said before, I don't understand japanese. I only know korean, english & french.

I put the picture back into the box and then pulled out a necklace made by using a string & raw pasta. I put that back as well and then realized there were so many toys and selfmade things in there. My suspicion was that Lady Kana had a daughter she doesn't like to talk about. I closed the box and pushed it under the bed using my arm. Right at that moment I heard the door open, Lady Kana came into the room. "I called you for breakfast, young lady! And you aren't even changed yet!" She yelled angrily. "I am sorry Lady Kana, I'll eat breakfast in this and change afterwards." I answered, rather calmly. She angrily walked back to the livingroom as I followed. "This is a typical Japanese breakfast, You should enjoy it." "Thanks..." I said before taking a deep breath. "Lady Kana... Why did you accept me? You didn't even know me. Nothing. You immediatly accepted me and gave me a room. Why? I am very grateful for it but I am interested." I sat at the table after she sat down. To me, that was a sign of respect. "Child, North Korea is really not at it's best. I hear about all the news. I accepted you because I wanted to give you a safe place. But I request that you live here for a bit and then leave to explore the world. You can't speak Japanese, so I'd suggest you to go to English speaking countries to work as whatever you want to work as. I know that you can learn a language easily in two years, but you know English better than Japanese."

I stared at the food after hearing her words. "Really? I'd love to move to Hawaii one day!" "You're moving to Hawaii, but I'll make you go around the world too." Lady Kana smiled. I happily ate my breakfast, but I knew I had to work A LOT to be able to move away. So, I did.

As a 19 year old girl, it was easy to find a job in places like Cafès. But what wasn't easy was finding jobs while not knowing the language of the country you're in. So what I did was go work in Tokyo's Korean town. I was glad there was a town like that in Japan, or else I would have had to work at home or I would have a lot of difficulties.

I started working at a korean karaoke bar. It was fun- kind of. I didn't have to talk much which was great, but I when I had to I just talked in english or korean. A lot of people would be drunk and tell me their problems in japanese and I just used to nod. I was glad I didn't understand them, because you can say a lot of crap when you're drunk.  I didn't want to know someone's private problems.

Later, On my 21st Birthday Lady Kana invited me to go to a restaurant with her. I dressed up in a nice red slim dress. It looked great on me. As confident as I was, I was slightly concered about having small boobs. I didn't have the perfect female body, at 21. I was a bit insecure back then.

I went into Lady Kana's room, and smiled at her. "Lady Kana, How does this look on me?" Her eyes lit up. "You look amazing, my child!" She had told me many times that I was like a daughter to her, and I guess you could say she was like a mother to me. Everytime she called me her Child, I'd think of the pictures in the box that was under my bed two years ago. She had never answered my questions about the girl. I waited until she was ready, so we could leave.

Walking to the restaurant, I smiled brightly and so did she. Which was weird because... Lady Kana smiling? That's so rare! Maybe she was very happy to take me out. We arrived at the restaurant, were given a table and sat down. "Thank you so much, Lady Kana. If you want, we can split the bill. You don't have to pay both our meals." I said, nervously looking at her. Lady Kana chuckled. "Don't worry. I'll pay. In fact, I even have a present for you." She pulled a small pink box out of her purse and gave it to me. I opened it and saw two tickets in it. "Oh my god, Lady Kana!" I immediatly stood up to hug her tightly. She hugged back. It was so weird getting affection from Lady Kana. Maybe she had finally opened up to me? After a short while I let go and sat back down. "But why two tick-... Are you coming with me?" "Yes, My Child. I am. That's the only way I'll let you go." She replied. After two years of living with her, I never understood where she gets all her money from. She had so much of it and never worried about it. "But what if you don't like it in any of the countries?" I asked scaredly. "No worries, I'll just fly back. Jae-hye, I always forgot to tell you, Your name is not ugly. It's beautiful." I shook my head in confusion before putting my finger in front of my lips and shushing her. "Sora-mi! My name is Sora-mi!" When I fled to japan I had to change my name in case someone here spots me and reports it to the korean guards. "When I first met you, SORA-MI, I told you your name was ugly. I'm sorry." When Lady Kana said that I really felt like she was opening up to me. I was very glad. "We're leaving in four days." After she said that, we ate a lot of Sea food and spent the night talking about how work was.

Four days later I had packed my luggages. In them were my korean documents and my japanese documents, my clothes, pictures of me with my family and some pictures of me and Lady Kana, my wallet, and some very old jewllery which belonged to my dead brother. I usually wore it, but I'd have to take them off at the airport anyway so I just left those in my luggage. We're going a long way. From japan to spain. Barcelona, obviously.