I like a Challenge

"I'm sure you've already realized, but the guys at this school aren't like every other guy, they're, well, very dominant and controlling." Mia said. I nodded, obviously I had noticed this.

"When girls come in as freshman, they're scouted. Senior boys whose relationships haven't worked out will pick a freshman to train before they're paired with a boyfriend their sophomore year." Oh, so that's what he meant by "train," but why didn't his relationship work out? "Obviously not all girls who get paired go through this beforehand, but some do. Especially the ones who need training." She looked at me. Yep, sounded about right. "Tonight is where you'll go and officially be placed under Matt." I just nodded trying to understand.

"Now Hadley, Matt isn't like most of the other boys. He's really strict. Some big sister advice from me would be to listen to what he says and follow his rules," she advised.

"Rules?"

"Wow, you're in for a wake up call with this one," yeah I kind of already assumed that. We pulled up to AJ's and I took a deep breath. "Had?" She questioned.

"Yes?"

"You'll be okay. If you need anything, you have my number." That was reassuring, but it didn't really help that much. "Oh and Hadley." I turned to look at her. "Don't let him put out your fire." We smiled at each other and I nodded.

As soon as we walked in Mia's name was yelled and she went to the back with her boyfriend, who I now knew was named Hunter. I looked around.

"What are you doing here, short stack?" Some boy said and I looked up at a tall boy with curly blond hair.

"Not trying to talk to you," I said and tried to move past him.

Quickly, he pinned me up against the wall. "What was that, little girl?" I closed my eyes and winced. Me and my mouth.

"Let her go, Ben." I heard Matt's voice say. Wow, my hero, not really. He walked over to me, "Do you always have to cause trouble?"

"It's kind of my specialty," I retorted. He gave me a you-got-me-there type look and motioned for me to follow him. We went back to a table full of his friends and their girlfriends sitting on their laps. The girlfriends sat quietly as the boys were talking.

As tempted as I was to go over, sit down and say "So what are we talking about, boys?" I decided against it. Instead, Matt took a seat and pulled me onto his lap. Some of the boys around stopped talking.

"So this is the one, huh? Sure is pretty, Matt." One said.

"Yeah, but one hell of an attitude. You sure you can handle her?" The boy who had pinned me earlier said.

"I like a challenge." He said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Well on that note, we'll be leaving. I'll be lucky if I get her trained before the end of the year, better get started now." He said and, like before, pushed me off his lap.

He got behind me and kept his hand on my back, I'm guessing to grab me if I tried to run.