eighteen

"I don't want to go home to those assholes."

"What about your true home?"

Then a memory popped into her brain. When her mom would let her splash around in the rain while she watched. She knew there were picture somewhere. She missed her. She wanted her back. She wanted to go home to the house that was filled with happy memories. She wanted to be home. She didn't like this life. Being in the media's eye 24/7. Never having any privacy. Being in the bat family. She hated that the most. She hated fighting crime. All she wanted was a normal life. But when she walked through the doors of Wayne Manor and saw 7 other kids she knew it was going to be more hectic. "Thank you, bartender," she said looking up at him. She got out her money and threw 5 more hundreds down.

"I can't accept that," he said trying to give it back but she was already out the door. She got her phone out and called the only person remaining on her mom's side. That person answered on the first ring.

"I didn't think we were going to go THIS long without talking," she said when she answered the phone.

"I know," Cam said about to cry. "I miss you," she said breaking. "I miss mom more."

"Sweetie are you okay?" she asked becoming concerned. She took a moment to look at herself in a shopping window and saw a broken girl. So she decided to what the bartender said.

"I'm coming home," she said.

"When?"

"Now." She hung up and went straight to Gotham's airport and ordered a plane ticket to the only place she missed...home.
~
"How the hell did you loose her?!" Bruce yelled at Alfred. "All you had to do was take her home. To here. It's a short drive."

"Master Wayne, Lady Camilla just ran off and I couldn't catch up to her. She left me surrounded by the vultures who wanted to know about the nature of you and Miss Kyle's relationship."

"Get out, Alfred." He didn't question him but just left his office. He checked her credit card history and saw she brought a plane ticket. "Fuck," he mumbled immediately getting out of his chair.

"Did you find her?" Steph asked walking into his study.

"You have school tomorrow." He said pushing past her. He walked out the front door and got into his car and headed to Gotham's airport.
~
She got on the plane and relaxed. All she needed was to see her family. Her only family. Right when it was about to take off someone boarded the plane. She saw him and instantly became furious.

"What are you doing here?" she said looking away.

"I knew you would do this."

"If you knew why didn't you stop me?" she said looking back at him.

"I'm here to comfort you." Cam smiled a little.

"Thanks, Grayson." He smiled at her and while she put her head on his shoulder.

When Bruce arrived the plane had already departed. This is what made him snap. Out of all the things she's done this is what made him pissed. And she's done a lot. She drove the batmobile into Gotham Harbor. She was caught having sex in Bruce's bed (he burned those sheets after). She was arrested for possession and underage drinking. The list goes on but her buying a plane ticket out of Gotham was a whole other level.
~
When they landed Dick got a cab and went straight to her aunt's house. Upon arriving he let her go in alone to give her some privacy while he checked into a motel. Something cheap and shabby. She knocked on the door. The door opened to a woman who looked like her mother but with tattoos. It was her twin sister.

"Auntie Jay," Cam said walking up to her and hugging.

"Aw, baby. I am so sorry about what happened," her aunt said. "I read the articles and I don't know what to say. Do you want to talk about it?" She released her from the hug and saw her nodding. Her aunt made her tea and they went through every detail. Everything. From the rape to her teacher to the fights. She even told her what the Joker did to her.

"I should have fought harder for you," she said taking a sip of her tea.

"What do you mean?"

"There was a court battle for you."

"There was?" Cam said in disbelief.

"But Bruce having more money and more powerful lawyers than me won the battle. And I get nothing. Not even holidays. You have to make unannounced visits to see me." Jay laughed but Cam didn't find it funny at all. She was furious at her father.

"Why would he do it?"

"I don't know." There was a knock on the door. Cam went up to answer and saw the person she was dreading to see.

"Bruce."

"You are in so much trouble," he said walking in. "I am sorry Jay," he said looking at her.

"Don't be. Your the one who's going to be sorry in a minute," she said taking their mugs to put them in sink.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you take me? What was the purpose?"

"You told her," Bruce said looking down. Then looked at Jay.

"Why?! You didn't even give her holidays! What were you thinking?!" Bruce then turned his attention towards Cam.

"Look, when I found out I had a daughter I wanted everything to do with her. I had this unselfish love. I wanted all of her. I wanted to be with you."

"No, you wanted a weapon." Bruce looked stunned at what she said.

"Excuse me?"

"You wanted a fighter. Another robin. I'm sorry you got such a weak daughter. A fool, some might say. But I don't understand how cruel you can be to take someone's last family away. Especially at such a young age."

"That's enough. We are leaving now," he said grabbing her arm. She yanked it away and went to hug her aunt.

"I'll be back," she whispered. When they broke she ran right past Bruce and into the car.

"I'm sorry," Bruce said as he stepped out.

"Rot in hell you sick son of bitch," Jay said while giving him the finger. Then she slammed the door on his face. Cam saw and smiled.