XXII. Crime & Punishment

↩↩↩↩↔↔🔼↔↔↪↪↪↪

Ji-Min's went into panic mode when he saw who stood in front of him. This  wasn't the kindhearted person he knew. He was someone whose contorted face displayed his obvious rage. The one hovering over Ji-Min resembled a demented madman.

"Where did you come from? I didn't see the door open, and why the fuck did you hit me?"

Ji-Min pretended to be unaffected by Tae-Hyung's sinister demeanor. He went into his usual arrogant mode until Tae leaned in close and gripped the Asshole's throat a little too aggressively causing Ji-Min's cocky demeanor to vanish swiftly.

"Wh-what are you do-doing T-Tae?" Ji-Min asked nervously between gasps for air.

"I've been looking for you and Yoon-Gi to update you on what's happened and I find you talking trash about Lyric. Who the fuck do you think you are, cocksucker? While you continue to trash such a beautiful soul, she delivered the twins."

Both Yoon-Gi and Ji-Min put their full attention on Tae-Hyung. Neither was happy about the births because they knew the babies survival rate was very low.

"Her little girl didn't make it, you heartless fucker. Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her little throat and it strangled her, just like I'm gonna do to you. You can learn firsthand what that tiny and innocent life was feeling as her life slowly ended. My hand can be your umbilical cord and you can fight to breathe just like her."

Ji-Min was paralyzed with fear so much so that Tae-Hyung's hands pressing into his throat couldn't evenget him to move.

"Be fucking happy now because there's one less link between Lyric and you. I really fucking hate you, Park Ji-Min."

Tae-Hyung raged as he tightened his hold on Ji-Min's throat. Ji-Min stood like a statue so Tae-Hyung wouldn't apply more pressure than what he had already.

Ji-Min and Yoon-Gi were equally devastated by the news. Ji-Min teared up as he thought about how his little girl suffered. His thoughts went to how Lyric will be shattered. Hopefully, the doctors kept the horrific news from her.

Yoon-Gi stared at the ceiling, while Tae's hand was still fixed on Ji-Min's throat. His eyes teared up for the loss of Bangtan's little niece. He knew this was going to be a tough haul for you. His Bestie was going to have to suffer even more undeserving pain. Yoon-Gi was pissed over the entire situation.

"Fuck, Lyric is going to be shattered. Tae, what about their baby boy? You said he's been born, right? Is he OK? Fuck, if he isn't OK, Lyric will go insane. She can't lose both babies." Yoon-Gi was very concerned.

"What about my son? Is he al-" Ji-Min tried to ask, but Tae-Hyung cut him off.

"Listen, fucker, they're Lyric's babies, not yours. You don't deserve to claim them as yours because you already assisted in murdering one baby."

Ji-Min was destroyed and wished he could switch places with his daughter. He deserved to be dead not his little girl. Ji-Min knew that the loss of one child is going to crush your heart and he has to find a way to guarantee your son lives.

"Her little boy is barely clinging to life. He weighs less than 2 lbs and has tubes to help him breathe and eat. He's so tiny, he can't breathe on his own. The doctors aren't very hopeful. They say the next forty-eight hours are crucial. Shit, Lyric will definitely fall apart if she loses both of them. I bet you're happy, you heartless prick."

Ji-Min cried. "I know, I am heartless. I know I've hurt Lyric repeatedly, but this wasn't supposed to happen. I was so selfish and thought if I made her hate me, she would never try to take me back, and I wouldn't be tempted to go back. I don't know why it went this far."

"Because you're a selfish bastard who couldn't stop to think about the pain you could inflict on her. You couldn't see you already had the best woman and so you ignored how Lyric was the only one who made you feel fulfilled, you dickhead." Tae-Hyung directed all of his rage at Ji-Min.

He wanted Ji-Min to feel real pain, so he applied more pressure to his throat. Ji-Min tensed up and didn't try to resist Tae-Hyung's action. After a few moments, Tae-Hyung loosened his grasp.

Ji-Min gasped and coughed, doing what he could to catch his breath.

"I-I was s-so h-happy last night. Lyric was by my side again and I couldn't have been more content. She was safe. My babies were safe. What the fuck have I done? I shouldn't have taken the call from Seul-Gi this morning."

Tae-Hyung snarled at Ji-Min. "Seriously, Ji-Min, are we supposed to believe you feel guilty? After all, the messed up shit you pulled, don't even think for one second, we'll be victims of your latest game. Do us all a favor and just fucking disappear, Park Ji-Min."

Yoon-Gi placed his hand on Tae-Hyung's shoulder and Tae glanced at him from the corner of his eye.

"Let him go Tae. It's not worth it. Killing him will only get you in trouble and I don't think Lyric will want to be told you were arrested for choking the life out of the bastard. We need to go back to be there for her. She's the one who needs our support now, more than ever. Just leave him here and come on Tae, let's go."

Tae-Hyung grimaced at Ji-Min. His expression wasdark and menacing. He removed his hand from Ji-Min's throat and took hold of his collar.

"You better pray her little boy survives, because if he doesn't, I will be coming for you and believe me, Chim, I'll make you feel all the pain you've brought upon everyone and then some. I promise."

Ji-Min understood Tae-Hyung meant what he said. He knew Tae was protecting you, the woman he loves, who protected you.

"I know Tae-Hyung. I know you'll do it. Just go and be be there for Lyric." Ji-Min pushed his hand away and began to walk down the stairs.

"Where the fuck are you going? The waiting area is through this door. Jesus, why are you running away? Park Ji-Min, you are a fucking coward. Just go. No one needs you anyway, Asshole." Yoon-Gi opened the door and he and Tae-Hyung ran towards the waiting area.

Ji-Min had something he was compelled to do alone...