chapter 7

It was raining out. A lot harder than usual, even for Forks. I couldn't sleep because of the rain, so I walked over to my window. The only light came from hanging lanterns scattered around yards and in places of streetlights. That's when I knew it was a dream. In today's society, everyplace had streetlights.

I heard something scuttle across the floor behind me. I gasped in shock. There was unpolished or lamented, rough wood floors. The ceiling had heavy beams going every which way. I had a four-poster bed. My desk and computer were gone, replaced by a little make up table, complete with mirror and stool. The walls were stone, unlike my room at home which was painted light blue. There was a self-standing wardrobe in the corner of the room, very noble looking and old fashion, which was slightly ajar.

I made my way over to it with the intention of closing it. About half way there I noticed slender white fingers gripping the slightly opened door.

"Hello?" I called, concerned for this person's health. Surely they wouldn't be in a wardrobe if they weren't hurt or at least sick. "Are you okay?" I asked, moving closer.

As I gripped the handle of the wardrobe I got hit with a million images at once. Then the electricity came, stronger then ever.

"Edward!" I shouted, flinging the wardrobe doors open.

I heard a blood-curling, ear-piercing scream. My eyes flew open, and with shock I realized that the scream was mine. I was sitting up. I looked around me. I was back in my regular bedroom, with my computer and desk and light blue walls all back to normal. Edward was staring at me in a mixture of shock and fear.

"Bella," he whispered. "You scared me, I didn't know what was wrong."

"Charlie didn't hear?" That makes me feel real safe, I thought sarcastically.

"Hear what, Bella?" he asked, puzzled. His beautiful face was filled with concern.

"My scream, you didn't hear me scream?" I asked, my voice flooding with panic. There was no way I could've dreamt that scream.

"You didn't scream," he said, worried. "Your eyes and mouth just flew open, then you were sitting up."

"Did you…" I began, but my voice trembled. "Did you feel the electricity?"

"Bella, you were sleeping. I felt or heard nothing." He said. Panic now flooded his voice and made itself aware on his face, also.

A tear slid down my cheek. He pulled me close to him and started hugging me tightly.

"It's okay, it was just a dream," he whispered soothingly. I wasn't sure if I believed that or not.

My eyes scanned the room in the darkness. I then noticed the closet door, slightly ajar. I remembered what I saw before I drifted to sleep. I whimpered pathetically and start climbing higher onto my bed, away from my closet. He looked at me to the closet, me to the closet. He started to get off the bed and go to the closet.

"No, Edward! Don't!" I whispered frantically, on the verge of screaming. I jumped just in time to grab his arm. "Please don't leave me."

"I'm just going to check the closet real quick," he whispered. "I'll be right here."

The same electricity kicked up from my dream, but it only scared me more. More tears silently escaped as I let him go, I had no choice. Just as his hand wrapped around the knob to my closet, a thousand different pictures flashed across my eyes, knocking the wind out of me. I clutched my stomach and called out to Edward to stop him, but it was only a mere whisper and he wasn't paying attention. I couldn't stop him from opening the door.